DIY Bass Hanger

Had a bit of a nightmare today. The strap of my bass got caught around the wheel of my chair and as I pulled myself to my desk my bass came crashing down :angry:

There is a shelf above where I lean my bass against the wall so with a bit of cutting and shaping I made a hanger so my bass is safe, up off the floor.

10 Likes

Looks as if it’s good and safe now, @studio :+1:

Hope no serious damage was done.

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

Is she alright?? :grimacing:

3 Likes

The bass seems fine. It was just one of those things. Good to have somewhere safe to keep it and it is nice having it right by your office chair so I can just spin around and play whenever I like

3 Likes

These things happen. I scratched my otherwise pristine bass the day it arrived :slight_smile:

2 Likes

It just adds personality

4 Likes

yeah it’s not important. a Precision Bass is a very robust instrument. and everything get scratched when you use it, it’s pretty normal.

4 Likes

Yeah, just see it this way, and you’ll never worry. You’ll just bond to the bass even more, all of the dings and falls and tribulations on your’s and the bass’s journey. Nothing stays brand new forever!

4 Likes

Lol. That depends on where you are in that situation. If I’m selling a bass with a ding on then it’s character. If I’m buying a bass with a ding on it then it’s a blemish and the seller should drop the price…

5 Likes

LOL @Gorch… so true!

2 Likes