Do amps ever go on sale?

Hi there, new guy here. I searched the Gear group in an effort not to duplicate.

Does gear like amps ever really go on sale anywhere?

I’m living on my regular Mustang LT25 at the moment. It works for doing the lessons and playing around at home at low volumes so I’m not in a rush to get a bass specific amp. Are Black Friday or other substantial sales a thing in the gear space?

2 Likes

Sometimes ya — But also look on Reverb.com, Craiglist and Facebook market place. You can find a lot of like new gear for less.

1 Like

Lt 25 is pretty great little amp. It’s just a tad too small for jamming. What do you have in mind?

There are tons of good deals. I know that @soulman has a Genzler combo for sale if he still have it.

2 Likes

I don’t expect to be gigging or anything. We have our guitar jam group here in the community and it’s seldom more than 5 or 6 of us. I am looking at probably the Rumble LT25 as a companion to my Mustang LT25. I’m sure it would more than adequate for our little group.

I ask because, for example, if there are sales in the Fall or Black Friday, etc. then I’m willing to wait and possibly buy up to something better. I know that folks seem to recommend at least a 10" speaker.

2 Likes

Wait Mustang Lt25 is a guitar amp. If you don’t need the effect the Rumble 40 is pretty awesome.

1 Like

I do not…sorry. My Genzler MG350 head just sold. I still have the combo I just had a second MG350 head I’d bought previous to buying the combo which I actually did buy on sale.

2 Likes

There are always sales happening somewhere and open box gear available at deeper discounts. AMS and zZounds frequently advertise their closeouts and open box products in emails and typically offer 0% interest payment plans.

I’d also suggest that you check local CL and FBMP listings for used gear as well as the Guitar Center Used Gear selection. I believe you’ll find quite a bit listed for some very good prices. Used bass gears moves less than guitar gear.