Do any of you use Chordify to learn songs?

Yamaha’s ChordTracker app will tell you the chords in a song for free. It’s not perfect and it’s not bad.

Chord Tracker

6 Likes

Yeah if I wanted something like this I would just use the Yamaha app.

2 Likes

Used to use it quite a lot a while ago, to help just get into the song in question to pick up the chord progressions and then do my own thing.

The more I practice bass though, and the more I’m progressing, the less I use it now. I’m more doing exercises where I’m listening and using my ears to identify what I need and can normally pick most, if not all of it up myself now. Sometimes use a tab guide if it’s really all over the place, but generally I’m happy with picking things up organically.

3 Likes

I use Chordify often. It’s fun to just see the chords and build your own bass lines from it. Personally, I like Chordify.

5 Likes

This weekend we had a blast with my wife and son popping up children songs on chordify with me trying to keep up with root notes on the fly and they are singing dancing to it

Free user is limited to 3 songs each day so it we get to repeat songs a lot, but my son is 3.5 years old and he never objects to repeating to do what he enjoyed 2 minutes ago…

4 Likes

If anyone is interested, you can get a 50% discount on a chordify subscription today (Cyber Monday). Just sharing this, I have no financial interest in chordify (I just use it).Chordify Cyber Monday

2 Likes

I know this topic is a little dated but I thought I’d mention that Chordify is celebrating Mother Earth right now, and premium is 50% off again. If you pay for the year all at once it works out to $1.74/mo.

4 Likes