Do you like beveled edges?

I am looking to buy a new bass and I have a few models in mind- all from Schecter.
The C-5 GT Bass (set neck), the Hellraiser Extreme 5 (neck through), and the Riot-5 Bass (bolt on).
I don’t know too much about the different woods and such but looking at the left handed selection it seems like these are decent choices in my price range that I also like the finish on. Anyway I’ll stop talking and get to the point.
My top pick right now is the Hellraiser (neck through + awesome design)- but I don’t know if the sharp edges are going to dig into my arm. I plan to pick and finger style on this one. Thoughts?

2 Likes

I probably wouldn’t worry much about it. If it turned out to be a problem, I would just wear a wristband.

2 Likes

I find the Stream shape the most comfortable to play.

YMMV. This is very subjective, but not a big deal to me.

3 Likes

I don’t have any isses at all either with ‘sharp’ edges.
Of the 3, I would say the Riot is #3.
The other two are beautiful for sure.

2 Likes

Never had this problem with my Hellraiser guitar. Iirc @Koldunya has some experience with Schecter basses.

3 Likes

I own a C-5 GT and don’t even notice. My wrist is a good few inches away from the edge of the bass when in playing position. I do not rest against the instrument at all. If I do, I hardly notice and have to look for it (the feeling of it against me)

The C-5 GT is a fantastic instrument. I’ll even allow you to get the purple one if it means I’m not the only one anymore XD We can start a Bass Buzz purple basses club lol.

Edit I forgot to mention that the Hellraiser looks like the same body, and I definitely like the “Extreme” style of Schecter - Black Cherry burst on flamed maple with cool inlays. It has the TW pickups which should sound different than the P5 and DC set in the C-5. It also has two volume knobs like a Jazz Bass and no blend. Now I kinda want one lol…

4 Likes

Oh! I don’t know where you are located, but Musician’s Friend has a coupon for 15% off atm, good through the 23rd. I got my Stiletto Studio 5 from them for 20% off, so it’s worth a shot to see if it works? Unless you have a local shop in mind or otherwise can’t buy from them, overseas (American company, not sure if they ship overseas anywhere), etc

2 Likes

I love Musician’s Friend! That’s where I would prefer to buy a new bass. They really love giving out 15% off coupons. I’ll check it out thanks!

1 Like

Yeah, the biggest problem like with all Guitar Center companies is the f’ing exclusions that are basically every brand you want lol…

1 Like

The code works and saves $187 :smiley: (lol no I did not buy another bass…)

But I think one of these should really scratch my J bass itch with my love of Schecter 5-string necks being the back scratcher…

1 Like

Not specifically familiar with the hellraiser, but here is my omen extreme. It has a very smooth rounded edge with the binding. I’m just a rookie, so my opinions are not by any means credible- but it’s totally comfortable to play for a couple hours at a time.
I’ve got a couple schecter basses, they make nice gear.
Good luck on your selection process!

5 Likes