Does Anybody Know This Song?

So I have been listening to this track by my favorite band The SIDH for a while, and every time I listen to it I think it sounds like a famous song, which drives me crazy! It doesn’t have lyrics but I’m pretty sure some parts are instrumentals of a popular song. Anyway, I’d love if some of you would give it a listen and see what you come up with!
YouTube link: Glitch - YouTube

thanks
Glitch

Edit: just realized the track has the same name as my username, cool coincidence!

That’s a hornpipe to me, not sure if its a trad. The buildup is similar to many playing of hornpipes at the beginning of the ‘90.
It looks like a speedup combination from several practice routines from a HighlandPipeBand to me.
You might slow it down and write it out before you compare it to other tunes at thesession.org site.

1 Like

Thanks! I actually asked about it on the session, some guy figured out the fast part but I got a lot of hate for it being so modern!

And you’re surprised by that? Thesession is a site for trads being played in an irish traditional session and the like. Which is clearly stated, as bassbuzz is about bass, not highlandpipes nor guitar, for example.
You asked if anyone knows this song: you could have expected noone does, 'cause it isn’t a regular trad. Besides it’s certainly not modern, it’s more that the instruments are out of a session setting. Which some folks think is different and not how it is supposed to be played, to which I always respond,: then don’t listen to it :wink:

Now you should or could have asked if anyone could help trying to find out what parts are used from which trads. Then most likely you wouldn’t have gotten all that negativity. As that would have showed a bit more respect towards other more knowlegable members of thesession.
It’s something to keep in mind: online takes more effort to get your message, in words only, across, then face to face.
Off course it also depends on the people responding: here at bassbuzz we’re more laid back, know that most others have a different music taste, but all have a common interest: which is bass. A bíg difference from sites like thesession.

But what I want to know: do you want to play this track on bass? 'Cause that a lot more fun to try to find out how to play!
(And get this towards the interest of other bassbuzz members :rofl:)

3 Likes

So, what did he say? Was it lifted from a popular song? I did a quick search over at The Session, but I couldn’t find your question, or indeed any topic discussing The Sidh, except for one from seven years ago.

1 Like

I listened to it and it’s gonna drive me crazy now.

2 Likes

@matthew.smock just wondering: in a positive way or 'cause you cannot play it either?

1 Like

@Mike_NL searching for the tune’s name came up with https://thesession.org/discussions/45456

2 Likes

@RemcoRG thanks for that. Couldn’t find it searching for “sidh” for some reason.

1 Like

Just move on, it sounds awful.

@Mike_NL search “Glitch” :slight_smile:

I get you!

That’s the one, I posted that. I also got made fun of for calling it a “song” not a “tune!”

These people would hate me then.

3 Likes

Duuuuude, lighten up! You don’t need to be so negative!

@howard, you wouldn’t even get close how deep they would :rofl:

3 Likes

LOL no doubt :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Ok duuuuuuuuude, it’s “positively” awful :rofl:

2 Likes

:joy: but I can’t tell if you’re joking or not…

1 Like