Does anyone use curly cables?

Hey guys - has anyone used those curled cables before? They look really cool but I’ve heard they break easily and the length affects the signal.

2 Likes

Used them for guitars and found they almost straightened out after a long time, eventually failing due to breaks.
But the ones I used were cheap

2 Likes

the very thought makes me break out in hives. i have no idea why it bothers my ocd so much
:grimacing:

3 Likes

Yes I do. I like the look. I don’t know about the durability but they are significantly heavier than standard premium cables. I have both Fender regular surf green and braided premium silver.

I have not use them on any gig so I’m not sure what kind of pain I have to deal with, lol.

4 Likes

So I really hate curly cables for one simple reason - I have never owned any that survived without getting super tangled and distorted. They are just a PITA in real use IMO.

They do look cool in their pristine state, though. Then again they look terrible in their typical tangled and kinked final state.

If you really take care of them they can last. Usually it’s storage that does them in I have found. You see, apparently small gremlins or gnomes live in your cable drawers and these things are like candy for them.

6 Likes

SpiralTone™

6 Likes

:joy: @Barney

Anyway @Ed , what are you looking at cables for? They’re so last decade man :grin:

2 Likes

Built in Tremelo, lol

1 Like

Thanks chaps! Sounds like as long as I only use it for live gigs, don’t move around much on stage and hang it up carefully when not in use, it should be a good buy :smiley:

I think I must be one of those hipsters they talk about :grin:

3 Likes

@Ed unless you need the color to match your instrument, don’t get surf green, I can tell you that a satin finish on the cable will attract dirt and dust so quickly and by the time your finish your first set it would look like, well dirt. I’ve not play on a stage that you can eat anything off of it, :rofl: as the matter of fact the 5 second rule does not apply at all.

3 Likes

Hah :laughing:

I’m thinking black might be the best option. Well, it may be the only option in my area - everything is basically black …

3 Likes