Drooling while playing bass

I just watched this episode of Hot Ones with Flea. In it he mentions getting to a point while playing bass where you are thinking about nothing else and you’re just in the zone and you start to drool. (@ 13:50 in the video)

I was so happy he said that. That happens to me especially when I’m trying to learn a particularly hard bass line. I’ll end up with drool on my shirt. And I always think “how gross, what is going on.” But apparently it must be a thing. It only happens when I play bass. Not while playing the drums, not when I took piano lessons. Does this happen to anyone else?

4 Likes

That is how you tell the stage is level right- bass player drools out of both sides of his mouth.
:rofl: :joy: :smiling_face_with_tear:

I’ll see myself out

6 Likes

I’m guilty of this but not in a very very long time.

5 Likes

LOL, not while playing but when I do the mod and so focus sometimes I caught myself starting to do that. I remember the first few times I had to solder the pot and it’s not sticking it happens, ha ha.

4 Likes

Only if I doze off while I’m playing. :drooling_face:

5 Likes

Well certain toons such as Light My Fire and Riders on the Storm can induce a near hypnotic state whilst waiting for the keyboard to finish their thing… then you are late for the change and awake again.

3 Likes

LMAO no, I never drool while in the zone. I mean, I have definitely been in the headspace where there is nothing else happening except the music, but it’s never left me needing a bib!

3 Likes

Don’t worry Gene Simmons does it too :relieved:

3 Likes