Drum Machine / Looper

3 weeks in to learning bass and even done a couple beginner jams with a guitarist here in town. I think I’m in need of a drum beat or two. Any suggestions on a good app to use or perhaps a looper. Do have a metronome which has helped me get started.

Cheers

2 Likes

Drum Beats+
Drumgenius

5 Likes

Thank you kindly Paul, these will work to get me groovin’ !

2 Likes

This is a good resource via YouTube.

Here is an example on simple straight 4/4 beat

3 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

2 Likes

@Cvern Loopz App and the SBL App are pretty good. Also Fender’s App has loops and a metronome.

3 Likes

https://grooveful.io :sunglasses:

6 Likes

Also, as I’ve seen mentioned here before, and if you’ve got some coin burnin’ a hole in your pocket, there’s the BeatBuddy pedal. As a bonus, that may be easy to use when you’re jamming with the guitarist as well (if that’s an issue)…

2 Likes

If you’ve got an ‘i’ device, Garageband is pretty handy.

I’ve also tried the Loopz App and paid a few $ for the Pro. It’ basic, but ok.

Just installed SBL and it seems pretty cool unless you want beats for metal.

@Paul is Drum Beats+ ios only?

2 Likes

I’ve got the Loopz app on my phone, and just plug it into my amp through the aux port.

2 Likes

Idk :person_shrugging:

1 Like

The link that @gcancella posted is the rhythm builder / looper that he himself designed and built as a result of getting into bass and music and all things bass-related through Bass Buzz (and feel free to correct me if I get the origin story wrong here, @gcancella).

It’s an awesome and simple to use tool if you can clear the hurdle of dropping drum sounds where you want them in the beat.

And it is hosted online so you don’t need any specific operating system!

5 Likes

GuarageBand’s Beat Sequencer is another good and super easy to use tool that comes preloaded free on Macs, iPhones, and iPads.

2 Likes