Drum Machine

Your probably movin to the groove…:O)

4 Likes

And… we have a winner!!!

4 Likes

Kinda hard to dance to a metronome :frowning:

4 Likes

So cool @PamPurrs!! I have had my 18 for a Few years now and also love playing my bass and guitars to it. So many options… Congrats!!

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

What are the differences between the 18 and 16 @Lanny?

4 Likes

2?:joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

Actually I’d have to go back and check things out. When I bought my 18, I looked seriously at the 16 but got a good discount on a floor model 18. I know it does have hundreds of presets - many of which I’ve never used. My brother in law is a drummer and knows way more about it than I do.

4 Likes

Check this out @PamPurrs

3 Likes

i’m glad you said this. I have been kicking around the idea of getting garageband and someday doing some bedroom recording (bow chikka bow bow). I thought I would have to get some kind of drum machine to do it. guess not :+1:

6 Likes

Nope :slight_smile:

Garageband is super easy to install virtual drums in, which they have many choices for. You basically just download new “Drummers” (basically, packs of drum kit sounds and patterns) and you can program the drums yourself.

You can do this in most DAWs (except notably Audacity, which supports neither MIDI nor virtual instruments.) But it’s easiest in GB, or at least that’s the easiest I have found.

5 Likes

Nice. :rofl: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

The reason I got the drum machine, rather than create or add drum tracks to my DAW is because I want to be able to practice to drum beats without having to depend on a computer. With the drum machine hooked into my amp (through the DAI) along with my bass, I can just switch on the amp and play along with my drummer without even turning on my laptop (or being near it for that matter).
When I’m ready to record, I just plug the DAI into the laptop, fire up Reaper and record.

4 Likes

Yeah. I like having a physical drum machine because they are just useful and fun as standalone musical instruments.

But if you are not interested in that, there’s software options for sure that will work as well or better.

4 Likes

I too enjoy a physical drum machine over what’s available in GB however, in the last couple months I’ve been working more with just an acoustical guitar. Adding a drum line to an acoustical guitar track (to me) kinda takes away from the purity and simplicity of the bass/acoustic guitar mix…

Keep on Thumpin’!
Lanny

5 Likes

I use the beats on my zoom pedal. Good enough for practice.

4 Likes

Definitely. Tons of fun patterns in there.

3 Likes

Damn it @PamPurrs, I knew I was gonna end up having to get one.

Yeah, me too. I just got another piece to that puzzle, my Behringer Bass BDI-21, to go along with the Zoom U-22 that I just bought from @PamPurrs. Plus the power adapter and lightning to usb Camera interface arrived today from Amazon so I can hook into ,y Ipad, and record in Garage Band. I had the same idea as you @itsratso, are you sure I don’t need a stand alone Drum machine?

Well, @howard, that seals the deal, no drum machine for me, Garage Band it is

Grrrrrrr…:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

Grrrrrrrrrr…eat!!! That opened the damn can back up. What’s the model of this thing again?? Made by Aleisis is it. Aweeeee Crap, here we go again! :thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy: a never ending battle

2 Likes

You know you have a nice set of drum patterns in your Zoom, right?

2 Likes

Of course @howard, but like others have pointed out, out of an amp they are pretty thin. Headphones a little better.
And, although, at some point I might add a drum machine, I was kinda just having some fun with that post.

2 Likes

I did that for awhile too, but the drum tracks on the SR-16 are far superior (and more realistic) to those in my Zoom, for practice, or for recording, plus I can make my own.
It all boils down to personal preference and how you’re going to use them.

3 Likes