Drum Machine

Yes Pam, but with a drummer you just hand them a set list, a couple of beers and your good. @PamPurrs :rofl:

4 Likes

Doesn’t that work with any musician?

5 Likes

@JerryP Shh! Don’t tell anyone :rofl:

3 Likes

My drum machine isn’t allowed anywhere near my beer stash.

6 Likes

I was about to create a new thread, but this one was recommended so decided to rekick it.

I do not want to use a DAW but was looking for something that not only has your usual rhythm patters, but also being able to upload say a song from a large song library.

I imagine that these Alesis being from the 90’s would not have this feature.

I was looking at Boss RC10r but there seems to be lots of mixed reviews, especially with its MIDI implementation.

https://www.boss.info/global/products/rc-10r/

Any good recommendation with emphasis on a good song library available to download to the drum machine?

Thanks

S

2 Likes

Actually, since posting this thread, I’ve upgraded to the Alexis 18 which is way more modern.

1 Like

Thanks @PamPurrs,

Are you able to upload entire songs drum tracks to it? MIDI? gp5 files (dunno)?

1 Like

Did you get the one with 100 patterns or 200 patterns?

100 patterns on Amazon in Canada costs $193.00
200 patterns is $330.00 - Wonder why so much more?

1 Like

Also looking at

Seems to have a large library of Midi content uploading via SD Card

3 Likes

A guitar playing friend of mine has a BeatBuddy with the pedal and loves it. If I didn’t have the Alexis 18 I’d get one.

2 Likes

I’ve always done this via a sequencer or DAW controlling the drum machine, since programming song mode on most drum machines thoroughly sucks. I’ve always programmed my own drum tracks, even for covers, and just controlled them from the DAW/MIDI sequencer/etc.

But for what you want (i.e. not wanting to do your own drum programming/not wanting a DAW) the BeatBuddy sounds like a good choice.

1 Like

Thanks @howard. Ordered one on reverb. I guess payback for getting you to go “window” shopping.

2 Likes

Hah, never a problem :slight_smile:

2 Likes

BeatBuddy is awesome. They also have a shop for extra drum content and you can match songs with the Song Matching Tool.

2 Likes

You’re making me want to sell my Alesis and buy a BeatBuddy. STOP!

1 Like

Using this code YSBB10 you get it for $296 (10% off ) Details on video description

I canceled my reverb order and got it new with discount, no shipping and no tax. Lower price than used on Reverb

3 Likes

Don’t forget warranty. My first BB was used and the previous owner did some weird stuff with it. Sometimes it didn’t turn on and I tried everything I could to fix it. Luckily I could trade it for a new one. The reason why the BB is a bit pricey is because you also pay for the drum content on the SD card. Which makes sense since everything you hear is actually recorded by real drummers.

3 Likes

If someone doesn’t want to spend a few hundred bucks. There’re a few sample shops (Loopcloud, ADSR, Arcade) and in general, the prize is around 10 bucks a month and you can easily download loops, place them in some free DAW and you can jam all day long.

I’ve been playing around with drums machines for a while. I got my zoom RhythmTrac tr123. On ebay for about 50. Dollars Like 4 or 5 years ago for my kid. Found this baby on ebay too the Beatbuddy by singular sound. This pedal drum machine kick some serious ass. Found it on ebay too little beat up but works perfect. Came with SD card has hundreds of songs and beats. Think I paid 175.00 for that bad boy.! I also have Riffworks which is a DAW drum machine for my computer I’ve had that forever too 1st got it for my kid now I use it. By the way my kid is much better bass player than me. :rofl::joy::crazy_face:
20210508_112951|666x500

4 Likes