Dude playing Bass and acoustic at same time…

I was poking around for info and inspiration and came across this guy playing what looks like a guitar designed by Dr. Seuss on an acid trip :joy:. Some next level $#!¥

https://www.reddit.com/r/BassGuitar/s/pEFuvus5NI

3 Likes

That is a harp guitar. The first design and model have been around since 1650.

3 Likes

Incredible! Never seen such a thing.
That’s some MIB next level playing.
Feel like my four string is a Montessori toy
:sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

This is pretty cool too if you want to do it all by yourself.
the Chapman Stick

1 Like

Fantastic. Incredibly innovative.
I can’t make out if they are plucking or striking (hammering?) the strings. The other guy seemed to be picking and strumming which I had no idea how he was creating strum chords.

I’ll stick with my Bass. It’s enough brain plasticity stimulation for the moment!

Thanks for sharing this :pray:t2:

1 Like

made famous by Fripp IIRC? It was definitely someone in King Crimson.

1 Like

There was no internet in 1650 so nothing really interesting actually happened until 2005 :wink:

1 Like

They are using technique call tapping.

Yeah! That was the first time I heard it. Tony Levin played it. I remembered saying WTF was that.

2 Likes

Ahh thats right it was Levin :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Here is a video of harp guitar virtuosa Muriel Anderson explaining how she designed a unique, modern-day instrument, handmade for her by Portland luthier Mike Doolin.

The historic reference she cites about harp guitars refers to the advent of steel string models.

I had the privilege to conduct video interviews with both Mike Doolin and Muriel Anderson for Acoustic Player Magazine.

2 Likes

Great video. The technique creates a great sound. Like a piano hammer but a little harder. Thanks for link.