Dumb Self-Inflicted Bass Injuries

I’ve been playing for years, and I do stuff like this all time. Not sure how but one time I got my hair stuck.

3 Likes

Well the most famous bass injury of all time is Krist Novoselic catching his bass with his face when he threw it up in the air.

I’ve done a thing when I’ve been doing some punk rock chug and accidentally hit my head on the ceiling fan.

2 Likes

My most recent injury was guitar, not bass - I garroted my thumb with a B string while changing strings. Noticed before it was too deep so only minor bleeding :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a fear of my bass guitar headstock hitting my monitor, when I get read to practice. So, far, I have successfully avoided the monitor…

3 Likes

I’m game. I am just over a week into my Bass journey and have TWICE already knocked down whatever beverage I was drinking at the time with the neck of my bass while flaying around being a rock star. Of course it never occurred to me to just move my coffee table away haha. Lessons learned!!

4 Likes

I didn’t hurt my bass, but i caught a headstock to the face. Me and the 11 year old grandson were playing. He was super focused and i said “ok, here comes the change”
This was when he turned for effect and hit me in the mouth with a headstock.

I guess i must be committed (or should be ?) Because i Just kept on playing. Figure as i missed a note or two, But kept the groove-in my book that’s a win.

4 Likes