Eden Terra Nova amps

Hi all ! do anyone here tested the current Eden Terra Nova amps range ? the TN2252 looks like something that I could like. it’s a 225w 2x10" combo. at 49.3 lbs / 22.4 kg it’s heavier than a Fender Rumble but lighter than the Ampeg I had :sweat_smile:

the same amp exists also in a 1x12" configuration, lighter and more compact but with the same power.

3 Likes

Looks nice, but need a sound test, as I have no experience with one. I think I would prefer. The 2x10 over the 1x12.
But that’s coming from a guy with a 1x15 with a 4x10 add on Cab that doubles as a stand alone with a 250w GK head I have as well.

Plus a lil Orange Crush 20b lightweight practice amp That is easy to move about.

And…
My 1x15 combo and 4x10 cab, buth very light, are on wheels that easily come out.
So…:thinking:

Interesting. So the Rumble 500 is a 2x10 which I think actually delivers 350W to the internals, but weighs just 15kg. So, lighter, louder, maybe not as durable though.

Curious what the Eden amp head sounds like.

1 Like

the Eden model on my Bass POD Pro is one of my favourite for clean tones, I know more or less how it sounds. it’s in the Aguilar/EBS/SWR family, to give a quick idea.

keep in mind that I’m looking for a very transparent amp with the idea to use the Bass POD Pro as a preamp, if possible, so I’m not searching for a very coloured tone here. I can always manage this with various preamps and pedals.

about the power, 225w is enough for me, and in term of decibel (acoustic pressure) there is not so much difference between 225w and 350w ; the speakers sensitivity can easily make more difference. I’m not much concerned by this point, I’m sure 225w will be enough.

the weight is different. the thing is that my car is a sedan and it’s pretty flat, so I have to find an amp that would be easy to carry. but 22 kg is still pretty light : my Ampeg weighted almost twice this weight ! … and it was a pain in the a** to load and carry in the car. so, a very important point.

3 Likes

just checked the weight of the Ampeg I had (BA115-HPT) for a better comparison : 86 lbs / 39 kg
:scream:

1 Like

wowza, almost 90 pounds.

1 Like

… I think that I could live with a 22 kg amp (compared to the 17 kg of a Fender Rumble 500). still have to take some measurement to see if it could be carried easily in my sedan.

2 Likes

I’ve loved Eden products, but all of mine were purchased in the late 90s.
Not sure how their quality / ownership / standards have held up, but dang. My Eden stuff is still my best sounding gear.

4 Likes

I read things on various forums about this Terra Nova range, and the guys say that they sound like the Eden World Tour amps, in a lighter package. right now, this 2x10 combo is pretty high on my list … :v::grin:

4 Likes

Yeah I heard good things about their cabs, which is why I was looking at them. Inexpensive, too!

3 Likes

Aha!!! The truth comes out @terb :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Seriously they look like a really sweet price/performance spot.

3 Likes

It was a joke. But great to know

yeah and way less common than the Fender Rumble (even if those are great amps)

2 Likes

Am a sucker for less common, me and my Ibanez’s. Course I have Schecter