Electric flatwound strings on an acoustic bass

I’m thinking of getting an acoustic bass guitar.
The one I have in mind is the Dean EAB Jumbo (since I’m still a beginning bass player, I don’t want to spend $1000 on one)
I have LaBella 760FS Deep Talkin Bass flatwound strings on my electric (.045/.105), and I love the sound and feel of them.
Would these same strings work on the Dean?

1 Like

I have Deep Talkin Bass tapes on my Fender acoustic and love it.
I initially got a cheap Karerra acoustic and tried Chromes but didn’t like them, it now wears the Fender rounds the Fender came with and sounds a lot better.

2 Likes

I’ve been here.
The one thing I can say about an acoustic is sit with it a while, a long while, before you buy.
“Jumbo” would scare me away fast.
I had a Michael Kelly Dragonfly (actually a beautify bass and beautiful sounding) and it was huuuuuuuuuge. Paris Hilton huuuuuuuge.
Couldn’t deal with the size, so uncomfortable.

2 Likes

I like the ghs pressure wound Bronze strings on mine

I’ve heard that too about jumbos. I had a dreadnought acoustic 6 string, so I’m used to the big size. I actually was able to sit down with a jumbo acoustic bass (along with a couple cutaway acoustics) and I actually liked the feeling of the jumbo the best. The smaller basses felt too small. I guess it depends on what you’re used to.

1 Like

Hi. I have LaBella flats on my Washburn AB20 and I love them. I just realized I’m a little late on this post so I’m sure you’ve done this already and you’ve been very happy. :smiley:

I recently dug out the chromes and put them back on, now I like them

I have a Fender acoustic and put GHS Precision flats on it. I love the feel and sound of them, but one word of warning. The volume and sustain of acoustic basses is very poor compared to electric and flats are generally a bit more subdued compared to rounds. Consequently with the flats on I really only get anything like acceptable volume and sustain if my pluck right over the sound hole. Even then it’s pretty poor, which actually works quite well for some music.

My acoustic can be plugged in and turns into a totally different beast when I do, so none of the warnings apply then.