Ernie Ball Cobalt Flats

I just put these on my Ibanez SR. Damn, these things thump as well as my TI Jazz Flats and feel wonderful. They have a zing that almost sounds like rounds but feel so good under my fingers. Didn’t even have to adjust the string height or anything on the bass. BTW, I did make a beginner mistake. I cut the D string way short and only have one full wind. Seems stable but pissed me off to make such an elementary mistake.

5 Likes

I have a pack of them laying on my workbench to try sometime. Apparently they are very fragile strings and have a tendency to snap. Idk if this is something to do with work hardening of the cobalt or what. Please keep us posted if you experience any problems

3 Likes

Will do

3 Likes

Agree it seems to have less finger noise than the D’addirio and DR definitely much less than Fender flats. It came with my BFR Fuego fretless.

5 Likes

Mine rusted after a few months and I’ve never had that problem with any other string.

5 Likes

Ditto on the rust factor for me. I’m used to going years between string changes, not months. They do sound and feel good though.

2 Likes