ESP LTD B-10

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with this entry level bass from ESP? Looks like you can order direct, but apparently its hard to find.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can order directly as well as using their dealers, if you mean these: https://www.espguitars.com/basses

2 Likes

Never saw a LTD B-10 but I am very happy with my LTD B-204SM.
At first I was sceptical about active basses but now I love my 3 band EQ.

Any reason you are looking at the ESP specifically as entry level?

In the introduction thread you said you are not sure what kind of bass you want to get. Maybe you already found it yourself but for that Bassbuzz made a great In-Depths Review about entry level basses:

Some people here went with models from that and seem happy with it. I think the Yamaha is one of the most popular ones here (personal guess, I don’t have numbers). I just own the ESP because I went to a local shop and got me a used model.

1 Like

Yeah apparently the ship date is May 20th, thats a long wait.

1 Like

I was just curious as I saw on their website they had a 2 “entry” level basses, one 4 string and the other 5.

I’ve only seen reviews on the more expensive models and was wondering if anyone had a B-10 model.

1 Like

Yep for 2021, indeed a long wait!

1 Like

Haha, I didn’t think this thread would exist. I have just ordered this bass a few days ago and it will arrive between 4-11 January so I will try to give you my thoughts on it. It’s my first bass so don’t expect much technical stuff. See you soon!

5 Likes

Welcome to the Forums and good luck with your new ESP, @vlad0920

Cheers, Joe

4 Likes

Awesome! can’t wait to hear what ya think about it.

3 Likes

So it arrived today. Can’t say much about the sound quality because the amp isn’t here yet, but the build quality is great. The action is perfect for me but I’ve been getting a bit of fret buzz, nothing much, maybe it’s my technique, but the neck has a little bit of back bow too, nothing that releasing the truss rod tension can’t solve. One of the knobs is a bit wobbly and the battery cover was a bit hard to get off, but apart from that, everything is good. It stays in tune, no sharp fret edges, you can easily adjust the action with the included allen wrenches. It even comes with a nice padded gigbag.

5 Likes

I wound up just getting an Ibanez for now, going to save up to get one of the more expensive models. Thanks for letting me know!

2 Likes