Evil Geniuses

I understand that this forum is mainly for basses and accessories. Well i have became an “Evil Genius”. I have a Walmart Special First Act ME80 electric guitar. Nothing fancy about it. Except that it doesn’t have a plywood body. (Even my 1974 Japanese Harmony short scale bass. Has a plywood body.) I had one two wire humbucker and one 500K ohm volume pot. Well I didn’t think that it did anything for the tone of the single humbucker. Now I have a 5 wire humbucker both north and south coils each with a 250K volume pot. With one tone pot of 250K ohms and a 2200uf capacitor on the tone pot.

2 Likes

One string is the way

1 Like

Hell yeah it is definitely the way! “Just Wanna Be Me” Brushy One String is my theme song.

1 Like

Except that is 3 strings the D, B, and High E. I over tightened the G string. Got the D string, and over tightened the A string. Then cut the low E thinking it was the A string.

I have completely rewired everyone of basses and guitars. The First Act ME80 Walmart Special electric guitar has a 2200uf Cap. The Harmony is not sporting humbuckers. It’s sporting single coil fakebuckers.

4 Likes

the list of my Frankenstein bass creations is long … here are a few

3 Likes

Lol. Hey but it looks good.

1 Like

1 Like

Did you build them all yourself?

This Rogue 5 string PJ style 2 tone and 2 volume. Is the second Rogue bass I’ve owned. My first was bought brand new from Guitar Center. That was a Rogue series three fretless PJstyle

2 Likes

PJ style 2 tone and 2 volume. Bought brand new from Guitar Center in March of 2021. My 5 string I traded my Pyle 4 string blue quilt top for. I moved the output jack to the front now she has a 100K ohm volume pot, a 250K ohm with a .47uf capacitor treble cut pot, and a 1 meg ohm pot with a 47uf capacitor for the bass cut pot. Plus where the output jack originally was is a switch craft Gibson 3 way toggle switch.

2 Likes

I also have a Rogue SX100B my Generic Pbass with two separate coils on the split coil Pbass pickup and a 250K push pull volume pot for series or parallel playing and a .68uf capacitor on a 250K tone pot.

With neon orange coated strings. I will not use round wound strings unless they are coated!

2 Likes