5 Likes

LOL yep

5 Likes

I guess love will tear the nut apart

6 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwylYamPUqI

Made a fatal mistake…

3 Likes

Got drunk left a 72 Les Paul at the party we were performing at…gone. Took a early 70s strat in for minor repairs told the repair shop I’d be back in 30 days to pick it up and pay…was 3 days late and the owner said that was 3 days too long and had sold it…all over a $50 bill. There are other stories that involve losing a music man stack, selling a late sixties bandmaster for $100, lost a silver face champ at gig, and the list goes on and on and on. As tragic as all these are the worst was a friend of mine hard up for cash sold a late 50s dot neck 335 for less than $200 and before he even got out the door it was sold for over $10K to Rick Nelson from Cheap Trick.

9 Likes

Warwick JAN is too wide. Got a GraphTech on the way.

4 Likes

Damn. They have a lot of aftermarket ones available too.

2 Likes

Yeah! Seems like a nice nut brand.

However… I got the nut sanded and fitted, easy peasy, and yet - it’s about 1.5mm too short. It’s the tallest one they make, too.

I shimmed it with shims I made out of three business cards, and it worked, but it seems super marginal; not sure what to do.

I mailed Yamaha to see if I can just buy an OEM part from them.

1 Like

Decided to shim the graphtech and use it while waiting on Yamaha. Seems to work fine! A couple business cards did the trick.

6 Likes

Good idea!

4 Likes

@Tokyo_Rat I think you might be the winner. That’s a really long list of expensive mistakes.

4 Likes

Ugh… Man, that G string could be an A string on some sets… :grinning:

2 Likes

Everything ended up well :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Did you end up leaving that shimmed nut in there or did you get the original from Yamaha??

2 Likes

Sticking with the shimmed nut for now, it’s working fine.

3 Likes