EZdrummer 3 - Coming Soon

EZdrummer 3 is due out in a couple of weeks (May 3). Although I’m still new to the EZdrummer world (got #2 during Black Friday sales but haven’t used much yet), looks like some good new features.

One that I think will come in handy is the grid editor which allows you to program or edit the midi. Hoping that makes it easy to make my own “Groove Workouts” from B2B course.

The bandmate sounds interesting as well. Think you could give it an guitar riff for example and it will find some matching drum midi.

If you already own EZdrummer 2, you can save 17 Euros if you pre-order. Not sure if this will beat sales later in the year so undecided if I’ll get now or later. Seems to be too many cool things to skip. That said, I’ve never tried Get Good Drums or Steven Slate Drums to know if money would be better spent on them. One thing to stay with EZdrummer would be you can import any midi or EZX you own. I have a couple of each.

3 Likes

I really like SSD5 and it’s what I use, but EZdrummer looked great to me too when I was checking them out earlier. Cool that they are adding GarageBand-like “drummer” bandmate features.

1 Like

From what I’ve seen with EZdrummer 2 I’ve liked and 3 looks to just get better. I’ve also heard a few of the regular YouTube channels that i watch use, or have used it and enjoyed it.

1 Like

Watched the replay of the live stream of the walkthrough and decided to buy. The editor and bandmate feature look to be worth the price of the pre-order upgrade price (about US$75). Definitely going to help with Ultimate Groove Workout and I’ve got Songsterr on my phone so might even try punching in some drums for some songs to learn. It’s got options to humanize to make whatever you enter sound more natural.

1 Like

Nice. I like ezdrummer. Ezbass is cool too. Gonna wait for sales :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

always :slight_smile:

1 Like

The pre-order upgrade price is about 19% off so that’s good enough for me. Black Saturday will probably be better, but I’m keen to get started with the grid editor :sunglasses:

2 Likes