Famous Bass guitars sound comparison. Guitarbank session

Just watched this and had to share. Also, P Bass rules all :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Awesome!!! Loved it!!!

Also, MusicMan rules!! :joy::joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Agreed, I like the MM as the all around winner. I was surprised with the Jazz Bass, it was my least favorite. The Warwick I did not like finger, but was good slap and pick.

To me, it was this order, but just my opinion.

MM Stinger
P-bass
Warwick and Rick tie
Jazz bass
Again, that was my opinion, I am not saying one or any are better then the rest, it’s just the order in which I liked the sound from each. I would say there are no right or wrong answers.

Fun vid, thanks for sharing

3 Likes

P-Bass rules overall, but love that Rickenbacker. The Warwick grows on me as it played. The Stingray has an interesting sound, but I’m not sure I like it. The Jazz Bass rules on slap!

2 Likes

Overall gotta go with the Warwick, then the P close behind, then the Rick. But you had to wait for the pick to come out before the Warwick beat the P for me. That P was awesome.

The specific P they used was MUCH better than the specific J they used IMO. The J did nothing for me until the pick and even then it was not up there with the others. I am not slamming J-basses in general here - I have personally played MIJ J-basses in stores that sounded much richer, deeper and better than that MIA J-bass to me.

I liked the T-Bird a lot more than I expected too! i liked it as much as the Rick.

4 Likes

Actually listening again I think I like the T-Bird more than the Rick in this video. Which is odd as I love Ricks.

It’s funny, the video is playing in another tab and I can tell without looking every time the P-bass plays :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome, shows the variation between the different basses.
The P bass shines through for me followed by the Warwick, couldn’t seperate the rest cuz some are smoother on the low strings and not as bright on the high strings.
Keeping in mind the Warwick is active.
I love rickys, they look the best of all followed by the t-bird.

2 Likes

a T-bird is on my wish list

2 Likes

I hear they are balanced pretty poorly, lots of neck dive? They look and sound amazing though.

2 Likes

I believe the early ones had headstock issues and to find one that hasn’t been repaired is difficult,

2 Likes

Interesting the different takes here.
I agree the Rick is the best looking of the bunch.
Going by looks for me would be
Rick
Sting
Warwick
P
J
Tbird (I don’t like them. Idk why??)

The side by side, apples to apples comparison probably hinders some of the models. Like the Wick, being active, you can probably make it sound better if it is not playing on a rig dialed n for a Pbass. That said, that may be why the Pbass sounded so much better then the rest (aside from the Stingray for me), and why the Jazz looked like a little kid on a mans field?.

I am sure same for the rest, you can almost certainly dial each instrument in to sound great. I mean, personal preference aside, they are all damn fine, we’ll made, respectable basses, asd I would be more then happy to add any one of them to my family.

Side note: think the Stingray, being a 5 string, sounds different then.if they used a 4 string? At least I believe I recall correctly, it being a 5

2 Likes

Nope, the ‘ray is a 4.

3 Likes

I have 4 of them in my family at the moment and they are all so different. I have flats on some rounds on others and that makes them feel and sound different.
I’ve never played a ray or T-bird

3 Likes

Ah yes, my bad @howard, it’s that odd placed G string tuner that throws me off.

And I may be doomed.
The GAS gods are turning on me. GDMFS#&*@F#king he’ll. :face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth::face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

Just showed up on Let Go. DAmn it!!!
$150. F@#k!!!
Looks brand new!!!

How do you not buy that??? I mean I can flip it and make at least $100 probably if I chose to. Even if I sit on it for a month or so.

4 Likes

And he still has it. Posted 1 day ago it says, even tho I just got the notification on my phone… I would have thought it would be gone in a day, the other good priced Stingers never last.

1 Like

Love that color! G&L has that color on their PJ. Never seen the any G&L love around here.

2 Likes