Favorite Bassist?

Hi there,

Way back when I participated in Movember to raise awareness for cancer. Go to the doctor if you have any weird lumps or something (man, woman, and everyone). My sports buddy complained about a swelling and they found benign cancer - if he hadn’t complained to four (!) doctors that it isn’t just “tissue”, he might’ve had a fatal injury.

On a lighter note, everyone who plays bass is my favourite player to look at in a concert. So that includes you! :slight_smile:

My first inspiration was Geezer Butler with N.I.B.

Ciao,
Antonio

3 Likes

Oh yeah baby, one of my top players

3 Likes

Ellen Alaverdyan

1 Like

Gene Simmons (Reason I wanted to play bass at 9y/o)
Geezer
David Ellefson
Orion (Tomasz Wroblewski) from Behemoth
Paul McCartney
Billy Sheehan
John Alman- Winter
Dusty Hill
Ian Hill (He just sits back and lays down a bottom end)

1 Like

Ian Hill is an idol of mine too. He’s just off in the corner holding it down while everyone else is the show

2 Likes

Hecking hell I’m really getting into MonoNeon.

1 Like

Geezer Butler and Tim Commerford are my favorite bassists. I and new to playing bass but growing up listening to music it was them that made the songs sound so cool to me. And then after learning more about music and knowing they where bassists made me want to play the instrument.

2 Likes

for me it’s john wetton, his tone was soo ahead of its time.

1 Like

John is often underrated as bass player, but he had a really cool voice as well :smile:

1 Like

I love Hooky, Simon, and Tina Weymouth but they’re pretty well represented here. One name I see missing is Carlos Dengler from Interpol. Considering the topic is favorite and not best, Carlos is one of the main reasons I want to be a bass player.

3 Likes

True

1 Like

For sure Commander Meouch from TWRP and John Cooper from Skillet

My original favorite players were. Cliff Burton, Steve Harris, Frankie Bello, and David Ellefson. Since playing bass the list has grown.

I’d say my absolute favorite all-time is Geezer Butler, closely followed by John Paul Jones.

Sam Kiszka from Greta Van Fleet shows a lot of promise from the newer generation.

1 Like

All time favourite is Muzz Skillings, closely followed by Duff McKagan, Flea and John Taylor.

2 Likes

Duff is very underrated as a bass player.

2 Likes

Ive been getting into Adam Claytons playing here recently and ive been loving how his basslines fit the song and keeps them driving while seeming fairly simple in most cases.

1 Like

how dare thy critique thy excellent Flea. Thy is an imbecile!

jk. everyone has their own opinions.

1 Like