Favorite Bowie song?

After this weeks successes, I’m putting Ziggy Stardust back at the top of my Lines To Learn list.

2 Likes

Bowie is so diverse it is too difficult to choose a favorite
I guess the album i played most is :

Ashes to ashes is one of my fav’s as well as it’s no game part 1 & 2

how you can make me choose ? :wink:

2 Likes

Agreed, @Marcel :slight_smile:

I can’t even choose a favorite album! . . . :laughing:

Cheers, Joe

1 Like

My absolute favourite has to be “As The World Falls Down” (off the Labyrinth soundtrack album ). I think this guy on Youtube deserves a shout out for his phenomenal cover:

In terms of bass parts though it would be between Golden Years or Moonage Daydream.

2 Likes

An old thread, but a good one. I got a free trial of Sirius XM radio, it’s been awhile since I tried them, and, some artists actually have their own channels now on there. Bowie’s one of them, and been listening to that channel a bit in my car.

Still don’t have a fave song though! As someone else stated, he’s so diverse, and:

3 Likes

Starman is my favorite, but he has many greats that I love.

Suffragette City, Space Oddesy, and Moonage Daydream I all fell in love with based of Phish covering them live.

Let’s Dance is iconic! You can play that song in any setting and instantly know who the fun people are in the room.

2 Likes

I regularly feel completely out of place on this forum, musically. :disappointed:
Today is one of those days.

3 Likes

I hear you, @peterhuppertz, but I have to say, I picked up some amazing suggestions from this group, that I would never have stumbled across otherwise!

And then there’s other material, that still gives me nightmares… nah, just kidding!

1 Like

my favorite bowie song, also mentioned above. was the most expensive video ever made at the time, a million dollars it’s said.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyMm4rJemtI

jeez, david, how could you leave us. we really need you now.

3 Likes

I Like Bowie’s songs, my fav is: Ashes to ashes, Lazarus, Life on mars, Starman, The man who sold the world etc.

2 Likes

Loving the Alien from the album Tonight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns2hmyP0mGY

Diamond Dogs, Rebel Rebel, Heroes, Fame, kinda hard to narrow it to one…kinda hard to narrow it to a half a dozen

2 Likes