Fear of the 5th string! The Ibanez EHB1005SMS

I play better when I stand! :wink:

3 Likes

I can only do that when I’m alone, as I look like this when standing:

Extraordinary!

Anyway, @chris_van_hoven, when do we see some bass covers?

1 Like

Made a quick video to describe it.

TL;DR - Basically I cut the loop out of the strap where it meets the buckle. Then just slide the buckle down and feed the strap through it. Can get it very short, and no need for extra hardware.

2 Likes

Cool! My solution is similar, but needs a 2nd buckle. Let me check if I can get it short enough, otherwise i will switch to your solution!

Seeing won’t be an issue. I can make video where you see me playing right away. Hearing is a different thing.
Still feel not good enough, and the 5 string does not make it easier.

I wait for @LeftpeffWolf - he needs to go first, as he is the godfather of German Moustache Rock!

Chris, none of us are really good enough! I’m not, but I don’t let that stop me! Come on, my friend, jump in, the water’s fine!

2 Likes

Each of the bridges has a horizontal screw to adjust the saddle. Easy peasy

Nice bass. I have the same color

2 Likes

The last time, somebody said that to me, he only wanted to see me nude :slight_smile:

You know me - I’m a naturally shy person.
And even worse: perfectionist.
I can only show myself when I play good - and the water is not cold .-)

1 Like

I’m more worried about my nuts :slight_smile:
With my Blackstar, I have an adjustable brass nut. So that’s just screwing around to find the right height. It’s perfect!

With this one I woould need to file. And cause of the diagonal nut, filing too much would result in trying to find a new exotic nut that fits…

A little nut sauce and your nuts will be fine.

Seriously, the nut is one of the non positives for me, I don’t know it’s a negative but it’s certainly not a plus. I bought a replacement nut before I started just in case I got too zealous.

1 Like

It looks like it’s from the future

2 Likes

It will be an … excellent Adventure!

Where? Do you have a parts#?

1 Like

This might work for you. Part number at least

1 Like

Cool! And cheap - might buy several, so I can experiment!

i’ve always thought that bass looks great. but i like things that are left of the norm.

btw if i had this bass i would promptly look for a jazz gig to sit in on :rofl:

4 Likes

That is actually a great idea - everything I play sounds like free jazz anyway :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Congratulation to your new bass, it’s beautiful! Or at last it was beautiful before you put all the post it’s on it😅

3 Likes

I really can’t see the f#cking fret markers!

You are still young, but am already happy to diffentiate between my triangle and my bass!

Hint: bass - left, triangle - right

2 Likes

Oh and I meant to mention that I love the Varenne picture on the wall. Not sure the bass doesn’t have some serious competition in the coolness stakes! :wink:

1 Like

10 points for recognizing it.

I love that picture. I have it since many years and it is about the only thing that remains from the good old times looooooong ago, surviving many moves through four countries and even more cities…

I can look at it for hours and tell a whole story of what happens on that picture!

1 Like