Fell in aerodyne love today

with a fender aerodyne special jazz:

got a chance to play one today and holy shit i am just delighted with this thing. did not buy the one in the picture ($1000 used) as i am even more into the all gray finish. FYI this one is at Parkway Music in Clifton Park NY (outside of Albany) if anyone is looking - it was mint condition. here is a serial number:

14 Likes

They are really nice instruments. I still think they are among the best looking Fenders too.

5 Likes

i agree - i love the look & feel of these. definitely some neck dive due to the lighter body but not an issue. also i think the pot knobs feel a little cheap but are also easy to replace. other than that… love it.

2 Likes

They don’t have good collection of aerodynes there, you should visit the real store, @John_E place, lol.

5 Likes

Yeah, Aerodynes are like pokemon to him. Gotta catch em all.

8 Likes

My faves! parkway is a great place too.

3 Likes

do fenders generally go on any somewhat predictable big sales every year? also anyone wanna buy my squier paranormal jazz? :joy:

1 Like

Black Friday deals are the typical timing.
Sweetwater also runs sales at various times. Good to subscribe to their emails.

2 Likes

Either one of the basses in that first pic are hot as… well, something really hot. Aerodynes are super sexy and play like a dream, and the Charvel San Dimas behind the Aerodyne in the original pic has one of the best necks I’ve ever played. If I ever get to a point where I can seriously start buying basses again, a San Dimas is top of the list.

2 Likes

It’s time for

Ask The Expert

@John_E , is the modern jazz bass an aerodyne body and neck profile with the American light weight tuners? Look like it’s an active one too.

1 Like

:drooling_face: :drooling_face: :drooling_face: :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

No idea, lol. The one @cheeze_pizza posted is beautiful though.

2 Likes

Why sell it? Its a great bass. I’m getting new pickups installed in mine. As for my Aerodyne, its a little on the noisy side, even with the single coil turned down, but yeah, it’s got great pickups in it already.

1 Like