Fender 75th Anniversary Editions

What are peoples thoughts on the 75th Anniversary editions Fender has released. This Precision is giving me serious GAS

5 Likes

Looks good to me, @chris6 . . . :slight_smile: . . . :+1:

(but then again, I’m probably a bit biased . . . :wink: )

Cheers
Joe

2 Likes

I think it looks great but isn’t it just more of the same thing they’ve been producing forever?

2 Likes

that’s what Fender always do, yeah. and if they try something else, people ask for their old stuff back. so, yeah, Fender is stuck with those few good’ol’ designs.

4 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, slap gold hardware on a nice ash body and charge an arm and a leg for the same bass you’ve been making for 70+ years. Someone just posted up about bassist being more forward thinking gear wise than guitarist and yet we are ready to pull out the credit card take out a second mortgage for a bass that could have rolled off the line in 1956.

3 Likes

Yeah, I wasn’t going to go there, but this looks like yet another Fender cash grab exploiting their own brand by producing a slightly glitzier retread of the same things they have been making for decades.

Then again I’m someone to whom “vintage” only means “old, will probably break” for most gear (with a few exceptions maybe), so I lack appreciation of this kind of thing anyway.

But then I went and looked.

If you skip the “commemorative” one, they aren’t that expensive.

And have matching headstocks.

So for those I approve :slight_smile:

$850. Color is so-so but looks sharper than the $2k “commemorative” one IMO.

2 Likes

I like it, but I’d still want the Steve Harris signature one over this.

3 Likes

Fender might have good sound, but they are ugly hunks of hardware (in my opinion of course). I do kinda want a P though.

Is that $850 American or Mexican made?

That Bourbon Burst P-bass is the only one I’m remotely interested in. It does have a nice classic look.

@BassFaceDisgrace the $850 ones are MiM

1 Like

Or, you could move out of the 50’s and get one of these…NEW FOR 2021: Sandberg California Supreme - YouTube

Just goes to show Russki, we’re all different. To me that bass looks horrible but each to his own :grinning: