Fender Buying PreSonus

They’re just waiting for regulatory approval.

1 Like

weird.

2 Likes

That’s what I thought. I know FMIC owns a bunch of different stuff but this seems outside of their scope.

This is Fender’s rationale:

“With each technological advancement, the way that people create and record music is constantly evolving. While most guitar and bass players still plug into amplifiers, many also plug their instruments into interfaces, using virtual amps and effects to create their sounds. Players of all levels are spending more time online than ever before and using a variety of products and technologies to learn, practice, jam and perform, record and share. This modern workflow has expanded the traditional signal chain to include capturing and distributing creative content to the world. Fender envisions an ecosystem that seamlessly integrates hardware and software to create an effortless end-to-end experience for customers at all levels in their creative journey, and joining forces with PreSonus makes that possible.”

2 Likes

Why is this weird? I mean Yamaha also bought Korg. I can only see good things coming from this.

2 Likes

I just hope they don’t mess with Studio One… that is my DAW

3 Likes

Yamaha buying Korg (and Ampeg, and Line 6…) doesn’t really feel weird to me for some reason, as those are all product synergy - Yamaha made all those things already. But Fender buying a company famous primarily for studio gear just felt odd to me.

1 Like

Maybe because Yamaha is a hugely diverse musical giant (and all sorts of other things) and Fender is synonymous with guitars and basses and amps only….
And now turntables and recording gear.

1 Like

You could also say that it has more impact for them since they have less knowledge in that department? I’m not bashing on your opinions btw but I do see some benefits. Fender does have a bit of experience in sound systems and software too.

1 Like

Yeah, pretty much. Yamaha made all the types of instruments Korg makes already. They made amps before buying Ampeg or Line 6. etc.

Fender makes three basic models of guitar and two basic models of bass, plus variations. And a line of amps. (Do they still make the Rhodes? not sure.) So them buying a studio gear company - related because music industry, but that’s about it - felt a little strange.

1 Like

Funny that you mention the Rhodes, yesterday I watched a YouTuber buying an extreme rare Fender Rhodes Celeste. Pretty sure it’s this one: Fender Rhodes Celeste 32-Key Electric Piano | Reverb

I don’t know the long term goals of Fender but it could be that they gonna invest more in studio related gear? They also have decent pedals, in-ear headphones and affordable PA systems. The software and apps aren’t bad either. If you look at the site you will see some new product lines too.

2 Likes

Actually their pedals are supposed to be pretty good, yeah. Forgot about those.

2 Likes

I didn’t realize Yamaha owned Korg also.

That puts both Ampeg and Aguilar under the Yamaha umbrella.

2 Likes

The (wiki) information is actually a bit outdated but I think Yamaha still owns most shares. It seems like a friendly partnership between those two. Also Vox is part of Korg. :wink:

1 Like

Imho nothing will change in the sense of business operation other than that Fender will be offering some Presonus products bundled with their instruments, so their customers have reason to register and Fender can send promo emails, etc.

1 Like