Fender copyright ruling

Let’s be honest, someone dropping €3,000 on a reliced bass isn’t going to be hard up. It’s an emotional purchase, rather than a functional one. “I want!”, rather than “I need…” If it was a functional purchase, the a standard Sandburg would in the basket, or a Harley Benton for that matter. Equally, buying a reliced HB is a statement regarding the looks of the thing, not the function of the instrument. We all have different price-points and different motivations. If we were all the same, it would be boring. If all basses were black p-basses, it would be boring.

I’ve even seen my bass idol, John Taylor playing a reliced primrose yellow JT Dingwall. Dingwall don’t sell reliced basses, to my knowledge, so either the bass is naturally battered, or has been deliberately distressed. I suspect the latter, as every bass I’ve ever seen JT play has been in good condition. So it seems like he also likes the vibe.

At the end of the day, it a bass. Play what you like, play it hard and enjoy yourself!

And do I want to be punk? Hell yes!!! …until I need to put on a suit, sit opposite an exec. and sell them on how we can transform their operations. Then, I want to look smart, business-like and conformist (except for my socks). :joy:

2 Likes

Have you guys noticed this? I only saw this now. Awesome idea!

PRS launched The Silver Sky Defender Limited Editions. :grin:

https://eu.prsguitars.com/products/silversky_defender

Defender! :grin: Bloody brilliant!

3 Likes

Yeah, I saw a video yesterday or day before where the guy was like, “it can’t be a coincidence to literally have “Fender” in the name as a F U to them, can it?”

Personally, I think something like that takes months to get off the ground and rolled out, so probably is just a coincidence.

1 Like

Yea, I know some here have an “opinion” of Beato… but a good interview some time ago with PRS:

1 Like

Hahahaha! I love it. If ever there was a middle finger thrown up to Fender, that’s it.

I don’t play guitar, but I want to buy one just to show support. :smiley:

1 Like

Looks like it’s a co-branding with Land Rover, who have the Defender model?

3 Likes

Yep

but does it leak oil?

3 Likes

I had to look twice to make sure I was not on my antique Triumph motorcycle forum…LOL

1 Like

Paul is a hilarious guy. He has no filter.

1 Like

Fender is now hitting retailers with ceast and desist letters.

2 Likes

One way to fix it is companies can just stop selling fender. Problem would fix itself eventually.

I like the idea of someone like Thomann or Yamaha just buying them outright to shut them up.

3 Likes

Totally. Could use them to make Harley Bentons.

3 Likes

Oh nooooo - that would mean that the quality of HB gets worse! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This was fun: “An ex head of the Fender Custom Shop has seemingly issued a message to his former employer with a new S-style build.”