Fender News

Apparently there’s been layoffs

Maybe the post COVID contraction is beginning

3 Likes

Maybe it’s all those people buying non Fender MIJ basses :person_tipping_hand: :sunglasses:

4 Likes

It could be people buying all the non MIA instruments

2 Likes

Guess I better buy an American Original 60s precision before it goes up to $2500

3 Likes

Exactly all those unpatriotic Americans not buying MIA basses. I mean who would behave like that :wink:

2 Likes

This came right after their announcement of the record sales. It’s the share holder thing, as suggested by Phil McKnight. I tend to agree. Same thing happened to Guitar center.

2 Likes

My take is it is part of their master plan to price themselves out of existence for MIA instruments. With the MIC, MII and MIM options they now have, and the increased costs of everything in each lineup, the MIAs most likely just are not as wanted/needed/etc anymore. They are turning the MIA part of the business into more of a boutique builder vs. a mass producer.

Good news for MIA owners if you ask me for resale, lol.

5 Likes

Agree their MIA instruments are in a strange position. The selections are quite limited for a company that creates pretty much a high end kits. I’d fired whoever designed their website and there marketing department.

I think the MIA price is ok but they gotta built the mod-shop into every line except for the acoustic. $1500-$2000 is a acceptable price range for MIA but the decision to separate the mod shop is just not very thoughtful. Let’s not talk about the custom shop price tier, Wtf?

3 Likes

Pretty sad.

2 Likes