Fender Rumbe 40 vs LT25

Hi everyone!

I am contemplating buying a practice amp and I narrowed down my choices to Fender Rumble 40 and LT25 as I read a lot of good reviews about the Rumble series and these two are available in my local store. Has anyone tried these? Which one should I get? Is the Rumble 40 worth the extra few bucks?

2 Likes

Short answer, yes. The Rumble 40 has a 10" speaker, the LT25 has the same 8" speaker as the Rumble 15 with snazzier electronics. I have a Rumble 100 in my living room. I just keep the volume down (usually)

2 Likes

Thanks!

My vote is yes, this was my first amp and a solid choice.
I feel like the sound on the 25 won’t do you low end justice.
These are great for very very very low volume practicing and if you never ever need to get loud. The 40 is just as good for very very very low volume practicing and gets as loud as you need in a home environment.

2 Likes

I have a Rumble 40 sitting a couple feet away from me so I can say “yes, the 40 is a great amp”. After a couple years of playing, I find myself wanting something more. I have no interest in gigging or anything like that. I couldn’t even tell you why I want something else, to be honest.

The Rumble 40 has perfectly fine power for home use. It has perfectly fine EQ and features for home use. It has perfectly fine sound for home use.

Maybe that’s my problem with it? It’s perfectly fine and maybe that makes it a bit boring? Maybe I want something that’s going to annoy the hell out of me constantly? Maybe I want something finicky? Maybe I want the ritual of powering up a tube amp? Maybe I’m stuck in some strange mental state where I’ve convinced myself that the next piece of gear I buy might finally give me some talent? I don’t know. I just know that I want something more than my Rumble at this point.

5 Likes

A Rumble 40 is a fine home amp. It’s the only amp I see myself ever needing as I don’t plan to play out. My Waza Air-Bass checks all my boxes when I want to turn up and stay quiet.

2 Likes

The Rumble 40 is a great amp. Had one and played it for years. I replaced it with a Rumble 100 only because I like the number 100 more than I like the number 40. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

100% Yes. I started with the Rumble 40 and I still plug into it when I want some lower volume!

3 Likes

maybe you are perfectly normal, as I wanted all the same things, and upgraded, lol

4 Likes

Tim, can you send me “$40” please?

4 Likes

The sound on the 10" speaker is worth the $ to get the 40 over the 25. It really makes a difference

4 Likes

My friend was considering the same two choices. I told him if you just want a clean bass sound then just get the rumble but if you want the drive or distortion tone get the LT25 and save yourself the endless trouble of trying to get pedals at this stage of playing.

4 Likes

Then Rumble 40 it is. Thanks everyone!

3 Likes

Okay, one more question. Turns out it will be much cheaper if I order it online. Does it matter if I order from Amazon or directly from Fender?

2 Likes

Check out the customer ratings of the vendor, if you order from Amazon. If they’re good, you’re good to go. Amazon’s price might be lower, too. Check for that.

2 Likes

Doubtful. Amazon isn’t always the cheapest either. Check sweetwater and other sites too. You might consider looking local for used too.

1 Like

Also beware of “too good to be true” prices on Amazon. They have a big counterfeiting problem on that site. Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Sam Ash and your Friendly Local Music Shop will likely have comparable prices and you’re less likely to get a box of junk with a Fender sticker slapped on to it.

4 Likes

Depending on where you are. If you are in the US then many choices are available with free shipping and good prices. If the price is in the same neighborhood then Amazon is not a bad place to shop because of the fast shipping and good return policy.

2 Likes

The thing is that I am not in the US and I have to pay around $150 for shipping. But the only local option I found costs $200 more than all the ones I found online (and they’re all the same price).

1 Like

Amazon does not offer free shipping where you are?