Fender Rumble 100 15 inch woofer

I bought me a Fender Rumble 100 yesterday, and it wasn’t taken care of. Anyway as I’m wiping down my amp. I pushed right through the paper. So I have an amazing amp. With a huge hole through the bottom of the 15. Could someone help me with acquiring another 15 inch woofer. That will thump like the original. Way under a $100 I really don’t have the cash to spend over one hundred dollars on a 15 inch woofer for my Rumble 100

The hole is directly behind my monster Bluetooth receiver.

1 Like

Doesn’t a Rumble 100 have a 12" speaker?

At any rate you may be able to repair the speaker cone if the damage isn’t too great. Here are two approaches you can use. The first uses just white glue and water to form a thinner kind of paste which you brush on both the front and back surface of the cone where it’s torn. The second calls for a piece of tissue you’ll use to cover the tear using glue in a similar manner to hold it in place. I’ve used both methods before and it does work provided the tear isn’t huge. Try this first before spending more money to replace the speaker. Good luck.

5 Likes

The new v3 Rumble 100 has a 12" speaker. This looks like a v2 Rumble.

3 Likes

Ah, the v2 had a 15" speaker then? No matter though. A cone that isn’t too severely damaged can typically be repaired as the videos demonstrate. I’ve fixed a couple of them this way.

3 Likes

That’s a pretty cool fix. I never would have thought something like that would work.

2 Likes

Most cones and just paper or paper combined with another material like hemp so white glue mixed with a bit of water to thin it will seal a tear in a speaker cone as long as all of the cone material is still there. It can’t be done if it’s a hole with cone material missing.

I had one in an amp I bought where the grill and cone had been punctured by something. Because all of the material was there I used a bit of paper towel and glue to seal the tear. The speaker works fine. It’s kinda like a body cut that can be stitched up good as new.

3 Likes

World something like this work?

I use it for my kayak. It’s flexible, VERY durable and transparent…

2 Likes

That’s a rubber glue and sealant. I would not use it on a paper speaker cone where simple white glue (Elmer’s Glue) works best and won’t interfere with cone vibration and excursion.

3 Likes

This is first time I’ve ever heard of the v2 and and v3 of the Rumble 100’s. Are all the Rumbles classified the same way? Because, I have a Rumble 25 with silver face and the amp in the back of the speaker box.

This my Fender Rumble 25. On top of my Fender BXR60. Along with my generic Pbass and my harmony before I removed the finish from the front and back.

I’ve heard of using finger nail polish to repair rips and tares in speakers. I haven’t had a chance to pull the 15 from Barney (my Rumble 100) yet.

What happened with the 15 in Barney is the bottom of the woofer must have been sitting in water or have gotten wet. Because, I was wiping the dust off the woofer. When my hand went through the paper.

1 Like

Yes. Versions 1, 2, and 3. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a version 1 though.

1 Like

I’ve had two Rumble 100’s they both were V1’s. It wasn’t till I was looking for another 15" woofer. Where I found out that there is 3 versions of basically the same amp. I’ve uploaded a picture of the rumble 100 v1

1 Like

Mine (Rumble 25) was a v2 and that was in 2019.

2 Likes

My Rumble 25 has the 8" woofer inside a huge box. With the silver colored grill. According to all the other versions of the 3. I’m guessing that is what my Rumble 25 is. But, both my Rumble 100’s were the same. Except this one I just got. Doesn’t have any casters. But, it did have casters originally. Here’s a picture of all 3 of my Fenders. The 25 sitting in the clothes basket without the grill, and my BXR60 sitting on top of my Rumble 100.

I’ve never tried fingernail polish so I can’t really comment on that other than to have a concern as to whether or not the lacquer in it would damage a paper cone. I do know that white glue and/or white glue and a piece of paper towel will work because I’ve done it before. I’m only trying to seal a tear so it doesn’t get even larger and eventually destroy the cone so badly it needs to be replaced. Most speakers can be re-coned but it’s far more costly.

1 Like

I’ve watched my my dad use finger nail polish. I guess it is the enamel. I don’t know what it is exactly, but I’ve seen my dad use it a few different times.

1 Like