Fender rumble 100 v3

Good choice. If you ever need the full 200w then you can also hook up an external cabinet to that one. Should be fine though unless your drummer is very heavy handed

2 Likes

Oh my, replacing a proper speaker size with equalization! Does anybody besides me remember the Bose 901’s?

Eeesh. I’ve got a pair of 901 IV’s awaiting new surrounds. I successfully replaced surrounds on four loudspeakers and my buddy sent me the things from his FIL’s attic. The things I agree to do for friends.

1 Like

I connect my Rumble 100 to my Zoom audio interface via the AUX jack when I’m doing a bass overlay on a recording in Audacity, so I can hear the backing track as well as my bass. It sounds fine to me.

1 Like

I bought the 100 as my very first amp. I’d like to jam with some friends and didn’t feel the 40 would be the best fit. Plus I’m starting on a 5-string, so wanted the larger cone (because physics is a thing). A few days later I found a 200 for just $50 more. I could grab it and return the 100, but that seems like kinda a jerk move.

Besides, when I go to a 15" and a real amp (separate, more power lol), I already know what I’m getting. And I have no intention of having a large collection of gear… Which is part of why I picked a Gibson EB-5 and not a Squier (besides, everyone and their uncle has a legendary F-word/clone).

I’m having a blast so far!

3 Likes

@Hondo Welcome to BassBuzz!

When you have time, join us on the Introduce Yourself! thread.

If you want to return the amp and trade up, I say go for it. From someone who has worked in the retail industry, that is exactly what the return policy is for. If the person that handles it acts any differently, they are not representing the wishes of their company.

However, different amps can have different sounds and I would highly recommend going and testing the 200 with your own ears before deciding to change.

The 200 was at a different store, which is why I’m not going to return the 100. Besides, as a beginner, the 100 suffices. Especially in my apartment lol.

2 Likes

NOTE SLIPPED UNDER HONDO’S DOOR:

Dear @Hondo,
Please keep the 100.

Your Neighbors

6 Likes

@PamPurrs that does it! I’m getting the Mesa Boogie Subway D-800+ amp and 400W 1x15" cabinet

2 Likes

Just saw your bass on the other thread, @Hondo :slight_smile: I’ve also been tinkering with the idea of upgrading my 100 someday . . . either the 200 or the 500 would be a good choice because you could expand either one with an additional cabinet. They would still be easy to transport since they’re only a few pounds heavier and slightly larger in dimensions.

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

@Jazzbass19 lol I know I’ll probably upgrade sooner than later… Like way Way WAY sooner than I have any business doing… And I’m serious about the Mesa Boogie Subway amp and 115 cab. And maybe stack a 112 on top, too! Hell with my neighbors! V

3 Likes

Yes, I checked out your link . . . Mesa company’s products look very interesting! :wink:
Nice and relatively lightweight, albeit a bit pricier than the Rumble series . . . but they are made in the USA and that’s also very important to me. :slight_smile:

Cheers, Joe

3 Likes

I’m not even going to think about upgrading from my Rumble 100 until the day comes that I’m playing at venues. Until then, the 100 is very adequate for my needs.

6 Likes

Nonsense! You know you want to upgrade! All the cool kids are doing it!

3 Likes

define “upgrade” ?

I own a 220w Ampeg and I think a 100w Fender would work better for me at this time … :grin:

3 Likes

@terb My impression is you have quite a bit of equipment. Would you be able to do some bi-amping, sending your high signal to one of your guitar amps and the low signal to the Ampeg?

1 Like

I could, yes. but that’s not at all what I’m searching for.

2 Likes

Yeah, I know. I was asking for entirely selfish reasons. I just want to see how somebody would do it. :rofl:

2 Likes

I’m more searching for a simple setup that would work either for studio/recording (what I do 95%) and for live playing, something lightweight and not crazy expensive that would sound good enough.

might sound like some hobo gear :sweat_smile: but after more than 20 yr gigging I think I’m more into simplicity. if it doesn’t sound good it might be my fault and not a gear issue.

3 Likes

also maybe for newcomers … if you believe you need a $5000 amp and a $3000 bass to sound good, you’re wrong. you’re just wrong. get a Squier (or a Yamaha for the more modern-oriented guys) and a Fender Rumble and, if you take the time to develop some skill, you will sound good.

if you have too much money and want to spend it … well, that’s fine … totally another subject :sweat_smile:

7 Likes