Fender rumble 100 v3

Rumble 40: 10” speaker
Rumble 100: 12” speaker

3 Likes

That’s true. What does that mean in practice though? The larger speaker puts out lower frequencies? If so, can this be adjusted through the bass eq?

3 Likes

An extra 60W, an effects loop and a 20% bigger speaker for only an extra 30 eurobucks really is great value. One of the reasons I balked at buying my 40 was that it felt a bit pricey at 269 but I knew that the 100 would be too big and too much for me so I wasn’t tempted to bump the budget. As it was, I was surprised at how big the 40 was when I took it out the box. Probably comes from years of self-deception about what 10 inches really looks like.

7 Likes

Hahaha!

also: 40% bigger speaker (area goes up by radius squared :slight_smile:

Bottom line is the 100 is moving a lot more air.

3 Likes

It’s why getting a guy to help you park your car is always dangerous: we always say “You’ve got loads of room - 10” at least!" [bump crunch] :wink:

2 Likes

I had the 40 and went to the 100 a few months ago. Yes, it has an effects loop which I love. I have my Zoom effects pedal plugged into it and it works great.

1 Like

do the B string of your 5 strings sounds better with the 100 ? because of the larger speaker … I’m asking because of all my low alternate tunings, that’s very important for me ! knowing that I have currently a 15".

2 Likes

Indeed it does. It growls beautifully! :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

I bet! That 12" will be more boomy for sure.

If I were to buy another combo, I’d be pretty tempted by the Rumble 100 or 500, just for the weight, price and quality balance.

I was thinking about it though and what would be amazing were if they sold the 500 as a 1x12 with an 8-ohm 12" (so it is really a 250 in that mode), and also a cheap 1x12 add-on cab for when you needed the full 500 watts.

But that kind of thinking is why I originally decided I wanted a standalone head and cab, back when I still wanted an amp.

2 Likes

Haha!

1 Like

You know the 500 is close to what you describe right? The 200 and 500 both are internally less and have an external speaker connection.

200: 200 Watts at 4 ohms (with Extension Cabinet), 140 Watts at 8 ohms (Internal)

500: 500 Watts at 4 ohms (with External Speaker), 350 Watts at 8 ohms (Internal)

highlight-bass-amp-high-frequency-tweeter-500-200

2 Likes

Yeah but it’s a 2x10, which is great but I was thinking 1x12 or 2x12 on demand would be nice.

Like I said, I ended up wanting a detached head and cabs and it kind of shows :slight_smile:

2 Likes

dear 'buzzians, I have a question about the Fender Rumble V3 line, and especially the 100w one. I see it has a “aux in” input ; how do a record sounds when you plug an audio source into this input ? does is sound natural, more or less like on a hifi system ? or not ?

this question may seem strange but it says a lot about the power amp and speaker transparency (excluding the preamp), and that’s something very important in the case of my particular setup.

thanks !

3 Likes

@terb, I just plugged my desktop computer into the “aux in” of my Rumble 100 (via a 3.5 mm M/M cable) and played a YouTube video. Here’s what I found:

You cannot change the EQ or the volume on the amp. Knobs don’t do anything.

Input is controlled ONLY from the computer . . . but it’s just the volume since I don’t have any EQ controls on my computer :slight_smile:

Doesn’t sound like stereo to me, but it’s okay. Same as the computer speakers.

When I pulled the cable out of the amp, all sound stopped.

When I pulled the other end out of the computer, sound came back through the computer speakers.

HTH and all best, Joe

3 Likes

thank you very much Joe ! :+1:

that’s normal that the knobs don’t work on the amp because this input bypasses all the preamp (where are the knobs :slight_smile: ), that’s why this kind of test tells about the transparency about the power amp + speaker (excluding the preamp)

2 Likes

You are quite welcome, @terb . . . :slight_smile:

I plan to use that setup to play a YouTube track through the “aux in” while I play my bass through the regular input.

Cheers, Joe

2 Likes

I have one, and I really like it. It’s light, but with fantastic volume, tone and features.

2 Likes

yeah that’s pretty much the primary use intended for this kind of “aux in” :slight_smile: but from one amp to another it can go from “not bad at all” to “terrible”. on my Ampeg it’s more on the terrible side, because the 1x15" gives a very coloured tone. well that’s also what gives the Ampeg tone so it’s not really a bad point. but with my current setup I try to shape my bass tone with the preamp (Bass POD Pro) as much as possible, so I need a quite transparent power amp and speaker !

2 Likes

it is definitely not hifi, it is very “bassy”, it is good enough for play-along
it is great for listening to the bass track of a song

2 Likes

extra note that is the limitation off the speaker , going through the line out, of the amp, the sound is OK

1 Like