Fender Rumble 40/100 XLR Out

I just upgraded from a Fender Rumble 40 to a Fender Rumble 100. Glad I did.

Anyway, they both have an XLR line out. Is this the same level of line out as what the bass has?

Meaning… instead of running a cable from my bass to my iRig, and then from my iRig to my bass, could I just plug my bass into the amp and run an XLR to 1/4" cable from my amp to my iRig?

Thanks!

1 Like

Line level is not the same as instrument level (ie, your bass). Though an active bass might be able to get there. XLR is a “balanced” output as well. This picks up less noise on the cable as opposed to “unbalanced.” Mainly useful for longer cable runs iirc.

Which iRig are you using? I assume this iRig is being used to plug into a computer or iPad? Then yes, run a cable from bass to amp, and then XLR to TRS 1/4" to the iRig. I seriously doubt the iRig uses a balanced input, so it will be unbalanced (which is fine, I lose balanced this way all the time using TS cables). The XLR output is meant to be plugged into the inputs of a mixer, essentially.

The iRig may have enough headroom to handle the line level out of the amp (like a guitar pedal not distorting to hell from a synthesizer being plugged into it).

I would look for YouTube videos of people recording synthesizers with your iRig.

2 Likes

Thanks, @Koldunya . . . :slight_smile:

I can never seem to remember this stuff :roll_eyes:

Cheers
Joe

I just got my iRig HD working with a MicroBrute and it’s fine accepting the line level from the synth, so it should be fine from your amp.

1 Like

It’s an iRig HD2.

Correct-a-mundo.

Awesome, thanks!