Fender Rumble LT25

Thanks @SamAdler,
That’s good to hear especially since you’ve had the LT25 a little while.
I have one on order now and it should be here this week, looking forward to that.
I’m also looking forward to trying the computer interface the LT25 provides.
Cheers, Mark

1 Like

Hey @Mark_UK
Can you explain me the ‘computer interface’ which you mentioned? There is a USB connector, but haven’t really read the manual yet :smirk: so unaware off all possibilities of the LT25

1 Like

Is its USB interface actually an audio interface, or is it just for updating patches?

edit: sounds like it’s an audio interface, awesome!

2 Likes

Yep. It’s for management of the system and can be used as a Digital Audio Interface (DAI) for recording to a computer. Pretty nice feature.

3 Likes

Hi @SamAdler, I’m only going on what I read in the specs sheet for the LT25, there is this picture/text:

I don’t have any experience in computer audio so keen to give it a go with something like Transcribe!
Mark

1 Like

I’ve had my Fender Rumble LT25 now for about a month now. I purchased it because of the price and reviews of it’s features. I am really enjoying the amp and even more now that I got around to updating the firmware. DO THAT FIRST!!!

I’m kicking myself for not doing it from day one because it solved a buzzing problem I was having when using the blend knob to switch between my pickups. I honestly thought there was something wrong with the active EQ on my Ibanez SR370E, but it was the amp after all. (thank God!) My bass sounds MUCH better after the update too!!!

The manual can be gotten here… Rumble LT25 Manual

However the manual does a poor job (basically none) of telling you how to update the firmware.

Download and install the Fender Tone software here… Fender Tone Software

I am writing this from the PC perspective, so if you have a MAC your mileage may very :slight_smile:

Install the software, open it, connect the amp to your PC, and then turn the amp on. It will take a min or so for it to recognize everything and complete the setup. Once it is happy, you can update the firmware.

They have a video on how to upgrade the firmware here… Firmware Update Video

The video talks about WiFi settings on a Mustang GT100 you don’t have, so skip to the 32 second mark. When you hold down the encoder button, power on and release. The screen on your Rumble LT25 will go blank. I held down the encoder button for 6 seconds and released.

If everything works properly the Fender Tone software will see the amp needs an update and walk you through the process. You may have to hit the re-scan button in the software to get it to see it but it only takes a sec to do that.

The firmware update process is pretty automated and takes a little over a min to happen. Just don’t power the amp down while the update is in progress. I don’t think you can brick it totally, but I think you would be calling their support at that point to fix it.

Once the firmware update it done it unlocks a TON of features that should have been there from day one. As much as you can tweak each preset, amp, pedal, and effect on the Rumble LT25 itself, you can do a LOT from the software. You can experiment with each amp and pedal and make changes to the pedals themselves in the software . It’s really cool and pretty easy. Then with the update in place you have 30 blank spots (31 to 60) to load more presets from the AMP, or from the Fender Tone app, or save your own tweaks to a preset or create new ones from scratch.

Want to know what a compression pedal does and sounds like, there is a virtual one to play with. EQ’s, Over Drives of several flavors, different amps, Wah pedals, delay, sustain, echo, phaser, synth, it’s ALL in there.

This is a really fun toy!!! I find myself switching between presets when practicing the workouts. It makes playing the same thing over and over very enjoyable. Granted there are some in there that makes cool sounds, but I’m not sure how you could actually play a song with them. But it’s all good fun!

Hopefully I’ll get around to tying the recording ability off the USB interface this week too.

Hope this helps
Chris

3 Likes

Good info @csmundell I’ve just taken receipt of my LT25 and will update the software.
One minor disappointment is that I have read the USB interface to the computer which you can use as a DAI only passes on the guitar line audio, and does not mix in the audio from the aux input jack on the amp too. Would have been good to play against a track on the aux in and record it all.

Damn! That’s a great write up. Thanks for putting all that together.

@Mark_UK There are a lot of different ways to achieve what you want. It’s very doable and will make more sense when you start working with recording software. Setting it up the way they did was making sure you get the cleanest recording of your bass.

1 Like

OK, I may not have COVID-19, but I certainly have GAS. After reading the entire thread, I ordered the LT25 on GC. As soon as I get a delivery date, I’ll post it. Thanks to everyone for the informative discussion.

3 Likes

How cool is this!!! :clap:t2:

awesome man!

3 Likes

I’ve got the regular rumble 25 and as far as the actual amp goes (and remembering that it’s a practice amp) I love it. The sweet spot in the lineup imo, I’ve heard you really don’t want to get the smaller one.

1 Like

Hi @JerryP I don’t think you will be disappointed with the LT25. I’m new to bass but it seems a good bit of kit to me.
Follow @csmundell advice on here to update the software

2 Likes

Yes, I saw his comment and that’s the first thing I will do.
Cheers!

1 Like

Congrats @JerryP you’re going to love it. Eventually you’ll want one of these to turn the overdrive on and off while playing…

1 Like

Thanks @PamPurrs! I had a thought about that while I was reading the manual.
I guess with everyone buying gear here on the forum, we’re keeping the economy going!

1 Like

We’re giving each other GAS :rofl: :rofl: :smiley_cat:

2 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Look what I found when I got home from work.

4 Likes

Sweeeeeeeeet!

2 Likes

First thing… firmware update.

2 Likes