First ever BassBuzz Livestream on YT! (wanna help?)

Watched the whole thing tonight and loved it. Well done!

5 Likes

@JoshFossgreen Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the livestream and hope you do another one soon. One thing I would like to see addressed is your take on the bounce vs thump (or rest stroke) slap technique.

5 Likes

I had bloody internet issues when it was on and wasn’t able to get any type of videos, YouTube etc working so I definitely hope there is a second run

3 Likes

Thank you! I had a moment where I was like “am I really gonna say I can just bust out a thing that sounds like Geezer”, and then another part of my brain was like “remember that lesson Josh did about minor pentatonic + bendies” and I was like “oh yeah I got this” :nerd_face:

That looks so wrong

@BassBot is that true???

Yeah that’d be interesting to talk about!

Yep, planning on doing them monthly I think!

8 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

2 Likes

Josh wanted to know if you are jealous of all the attention he’s getting, @bassbot!

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: My sources say no

5 Likes

It does. And yet… I find myself wanting to try it :rofl:

What can I say. I like frets.

4 Likes

Reasons I Like Josh:

1. Speaks about himself in 3rd person while having a conversation with…himself.
    (not teasing - can relate)
  1. Solid agreement re: frets on violins

Reasons I like Howard:

1. Not afraid to go against the grain.
  1. Honest.

:slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

It’s a Precision violin. Nothing wrong with that :grin:

8 Likes

ToneFrets!

7 Likes

Josh, if these are going to be a series, is there a way to provide a single link to all of them? That way I can add something like this to the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.

Meet Your Bass Teacher, Josh Fossgreen.

• Link to BassBuzz Live Streams
2 Likes

L

1 Like

Hey Eric! Yeah, I’ll keep adding them to this playlist: I'm Your Bass Teacher. Ask Me Anything. - YouTube

6 Likes

Thanks Josh!

2 Likes

You are welcome

4 Likes

Added I’m Your Bass Teacher. Ask Me Anything under the heading BassBuzz Live Streams with Josh Fossgreen to the BassBuzz YouTube Video Guide.
:sunglasses: :+1:

4 Likes

:joy:

3 Likes

I caught the ‘canned’ version and really enjoyed watching!
@JoshFossgreen
The Q: 'How do you play like John Entwistle? and the A: ‘You don’t!’ was PRICELESS!

One thing that I thought could be improved would have been to remove the smaller picture at the end of the session so we could have watched your plucking hand more easily. Maybe any demo would benefit from just a closeup of the bass.

2 Likes

Thanks @K_Miller , I’ve rearranged the PiP orientation so hopefully next time it’ll be less cumbersome :slight_smile:

3 Likes