First ever BassBuzz Livestream on YT! (wanna help?)

Hey family! The first ever BassBuzz livestream is happening on Youtube next Wednesday Nov 16th, 6PM Pacific Time.

Click here to get notified on YT when it’s starting, hope to see you there :blush: - I'm Your Bass Teacher. Ask Me Anything. - YouTube

Two places where I’d like your help, if you feel called:

1. The theme for this first stream is “Ask Me Anything,” and I’d love some actual video question submissions from forum folks to play and respond to on the stream. If you’re interested, just record yourself asking your question, post it unlisted to YT and put the link in this thread (or PM me).
  2. If you’re a long time forum member and you’re interested in helping me moderate comments live on YT during the stream, let me know in this thread or PM me! I could use one or two people helping out there to make sure no spammers go off the rails while I’m trying to play bass and answer questions. :slight_smile:

See you soon!

27 Likes

Can you explain what this would entail?

3 Likes

Usually it’s someone popping in and dropping spam advertising something or someone saying something vile. In both cases you delete the comment and ban the offender.

It’s something of a badge of honor in some circles to rack up as many bans as you can in a day.

Anyway that’s my experience from watching streams almost a decade now

9 Likes

I’ll be in the hospital recovering from my November 14th surgery, but if I’m up for it it I’ll join in on my tablet.

24 Likes

@kristine - you are going to need more paper and pencils…

7 Likes

9 Likes

Hey @eric.kiser ! Like @Wombat-metal said, it’d be very minimal ‘moderating’, just hanging out for the duration of the stream and monitoring the comments for obvious spam, bots, or other devilry.

May not even be an issue, I have no idea how many people will show up or how hungry the spam monsters will be that day, but figured having a helping hand isn’t a bad idea either way. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Just noticed it’s at 3 AM my time, so I think I’ll pass :joy:

9 Likes

So, @JoshFossgreen, “ask me anything” is pretty wide open.

For the pre-recorded questions, are there some themes or areas you’d like us to focus on, to like… keep the discussion herded in specific directions?

And is there a format you’d like us to use? Like, “Hi Josh, this is Tim, timsgeekery on the BassBuzz forums, and I was wondering…” or the like?

5 Likes

That sounds like an appropriately “anything” question. I think everyone can fire at will.

2 Likes

Yeah, sorry, not a good time :rofl:

4 Likes

2 hours behind me…I’ll skip Legomasters for it :smiley:

2 Likes

Hey Mike,
Same for me in Germany. Unfortunatly I have to get up at 5am (two hours later) for getting to work. So no attendance for me…

3 Likes

It’ll be 3 a.m. here in Italy unfortunately… well i guess I’ll have to watch the replay… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey Tim, thanks for the clarifying question. I think for video questions, bass-related stuff would be most useful, like if someone is looking for feedback on a technique thing, something where the visual is relevant to the question. But that’s just a suggestion!

3 Likes

I’d be up for moderating comments @JoshFossgreen

2 Likes

Great, thanks John! Will PM you.

2 Likes

Heck, same for me. Gotta get my beauty sleep.

4 Likes

Wow, quite an amazing idea! It’s difficult for my timezone but I will watch it later with great interest!

1 Like