First ever BassBuzz Livestream on YT! (wanna help?)

Josh, I’d love to help you however I can with thread moderation! I finish work at 5 p.m. CST (3 p.m. PST) so I should be totally free if you need anything! You’ve been such an amazing teacher that doing anything to help your stream go smoothly would be not a problem at all! Let me know if I can help :slight_smile:

1 Like

@JoshFossgreen

Thanks @Dom, I’ll PM you!

2 Likes

Assuming the time zone conversion thingy I used is correct, this is coming up in 40 minutes folks!

5 Likes

Correct, Josh is going live in about 11 minutes now

5 Likes

Correct! Palms adequately sweaty :slight_smile:

8 Likes

In any gear review video, GAS Guy should be brought in to provide the sales pitch for why you should buy it.

2 Likes

Odds of my question getting acknowledged in the flood of comments during the live stream are low, so I’m gonna re-ask here in case other folks can recommend something too. But I’m looking for a good groove, that’s like your casual intro to the stream, that’s maybe 12 bars, to be able to just work on getting into the pocket with a drum track. I haven’t really come across one - just hoping someone would have a couple of pointers to a fun groove. But want to have a funky warmup groove that can be repeated easily, to where I even lose track of time…

2 Likes

Great job and good times @JoshFossgreen.
All the chatters behaved, no spammin’.

6 Likes

Josh you did great!!!

5 Likes

@JoshFossgreen the livestream was great.
I’m looking forward to the next one.

P.S… Good luck sifting through all of the questions.

3 Likes

Sorry I didn’t see this till after the stream. Really enjoyed it, even the audio mishap! One of the reasons I took this course was because you come across as a real person and the livestream cemented it. I had asked a question about finger stretching exercises and the next video that came up when the stream ended was “Hands too small?”. The algorithm is watching! Thanks for the lessons and looking forward to the next livestream!

7 Likes

That was soooo much fun @JoshFossgreen ! And there were so many people - yay!

Note to future self: make sure the livestream is only open in ONE tab…

5 Likes

During the livestream I agreed with you about the enjoying the tactile sensation of little knobs on pedals as opposed to something more like a computer that you control with an app, and then I saw this article:

“We also know that our tactile system, that’s our sense of touch … is also sensitive to low-frequency stimulation, low-frequency sound.”

So that feeling you get at a concert when you’re next to a speaker and you can feel it shaking in your chest is the tactile stimulation of sound when it’s loud.”

I get that same sensation from playing violin. And bass, of course. :wink:

5 Likes

Thoroughly enjoyable @JoshFossgreen , i wasn’t able to catch it live but loved it anyway.
Look forward to more

4 Likes

Really enjoyed the livestream! The small audio issues aren’t really a problem considering it was your first broadcast. Live streams are definitely a tech challenge at times. Outside of that, the live stream quality was very good. Your bass camera did have some focus issues but nothing that isn’t fixable. As for the chat, some folks did spam their questions over and over so perhaps Nightbot would be of use there to prevent the incessant repetition of questions.

I used to do Twitch livestreams so I’m pretty familiar with the workings there but not so much on the YouTube livestream side so I didn’t volunteer for moderation. Perhaps in the future I could be of more assistance.

Thanks again for sharing your time with us Josh! @JoshFossgreen

5 Likes

I MISSED IT!?

Damn it, I had it in my calendar for tonight.

Stupid Tim is stupid.

=\

4 Likes

You can still watch it, @JustTim. Just not live:

8 Likes

I was moderating @cheeze_pizza

@JoshFossgreen had told me to only knock out obvious, offensive “spam” so I didn’t put folks in timeout or anything for repetition.

Josh is you’d like it handled differently for the December one, happy to help again and adjust.

6 Likes

Hey @John_E

I don’t mean my comment as a slight to your performance! I was not aware of the moderation rules put forth by Josh for the broadcast so I was simply making an observation.

I didn’t see any offensive spam what-so-ever so that was definitely handled well.

Looking forward to the next one.

4 Likes