First ever BassBuzz Livestream on YT! (wanna help?)

Hey all! Thanks for coming, I had a lot of fun. Including being nervous like it was my first gig all over again. :slight_smile:

Thanks @John_E for manning the anti-spam station, glad we didn’t have our friendly little Telegram spam pals in attendance.

Yeah, I see that some people ‘spammed’ their questions a bunch of times - I probably could have rectified that by:

• Having someone there to help me catch questions so people don’t get frustrated
  • Asking people nicely not to spam their questions

The reality is there were probably 2-3x more questions than I could really answer though so… maybe asking people not to spam, and then having a moderator temporarily block people for ~5m if they spam 5+ times (I think there’s a YT setting for that) would be a good solution.

So grateful for this ‘too many questions’ problem, I really was imagining the stream might be like this:

15 Likes

I would be happy to help moderate the Dec livestream as well, @JoshFossgreen

2 Likes

@JoshFossgreen: Would you consider moving the time slots around a bit to perhaps let people from other parts of the world join as well (did someone say Europe :wink:)? Not every time, of course, but maybe have two different time slots that you use on alternate months!?! A time slot of 11am to 1pm for you would get you pretty much all of Europe during our evening (and the US East Coast in the early-mid afternoon)…

6 Likes

I am available again too @JoshFossgreen
And more than one would be helpful to curb repeats if not automated, or, helping nab questions for you etc

3 Likes

I don’t know what YT has, but Twitch has a slow mode, where a person has a 60 second timeout after entering a message

I think it went well, I watch streams most days an I thought chat was well behaved for what it is, which is often chaotic. Which is the nature of chat

4 Likes

Gonna catch this later, thanks for doing it @JoshFossgreen! Wow almost a half million subs now, just noticed. Been great to watch you grow your channel.

6 Likes

Well played @JoshFossgreen!
The Geezer Butler style solo on the spot was badass.

4 Likes

Yes. Yes it was. :metal: :black_heart:

Someone commented during the livestream about a fretted violin, and you commented that you had never seen one, @JoshFossgreen - me neither. So of course I had to Google it, and found images. I don’t want to use a word as strong as “abomination” but…I just remember people in orchestra class being teased if they were still using stickers on the fingerboard after a certain point. I also quit playing at 13 so :woman_shrugging:

4 Likes

Watched it all, it was really good! Glad to see you’re doing another soon. Well done on keeping your cool while recovering from the technical issues :slight_smile:

6 Likes

That’s a skill, for sure!

4 Likes

It was just BassBot being jealous of all the attention Josh was getting.

3 Likes

I’m gonna check this out when I get back to NJ. I was working during the live stream.

4 Likes

Watched the whole thing tonight and loved it. Well done!

5 Likes

@JoshFossgreen Just wanted to say I really enjoyed the livestream and hope you do another one soon. One thing I would like to see addressed is your take on the bounce vs thump (or rest stroke) slap technique.

5 Likes

I had bloody internet issues when it was on and wasn’t able to get any type of videos, YouTube etc working so I definitely hope there is a second run

3 Likes

Thank you! I had a moment where I was like “am I really gonna say I can just bust out a thing that sounds like Geezer”, and then another part of my brain was like “remember that lesson Josh did about minor pentatonic + bendies” and I was like “oh yeah I got this” :nerd_face:

That looks so wrong

@BassBot is that true???

Yeah that’d be interesting to talk about!

Yep, planning on doing them monthly I think!

8 Likes

Hi! To find out what I can do, say @bassbot display help.

2 Likes

Josh wanted to know if you are jealous of all the attention he’s getting, @bassbot!

3 Likes

:crystal_ball: My sources say no

5 Likes

It does. And yet… I find myself wanting to try it :rofl:

What can I say. I like frets.

4 Likes