Flea's Book

Yes, he did have some struggles in his childhood

@joergkutter
The pun is intentional and also not so far off…
There recently sprang up the literary genre of so called “litRPG” - literature role playing game. It’s basically a story written in a MMO game. Often with connection to real life with some kind of interface. (Think Matrix or Sword Art Online)

So it is definitely not a book for children, but also not completely smut literature. It… it has a lot of sex scenes in it… But those only start with the second book once you are already hooked.

It’s the story of a Mimic.
A mimic is a monster that mimics furniture. For example a treasure chest.
I don’t wanna spoiler if anyone here is interested in stuff like this so that’s the basic plot. It’s about a mimic who gets his name in the end of the first book: Boxxy T. Morningwood
(Yes “Boxxy” is a meme reference. The book is full of those)

@PamPurrs
Although I still have some audible credits free I am pretty convinced now that this book isn’t for me. So thanks for saving me some money I can spend on another book. I rarely go for non-fiction anyway so I was sceptic about it anyway.
Also not a great RHCP fan. I still think I can’t get around playing the RHCP basslines now that I started playing bass…

3 Likes

Thanks for the explanation, @juli0r - and the spoiler warning! That said, I don’t think I will read it anytime soon - just not my cup of tea, I guess :crazy_face:

1 Like

I haven’t read the book, but spoiler: they do not stop being yo-yos after forming RHCP :slight_smile:

Actually it probably accelerates.

3 Likes

Oh well, seems like I’m the only bunny on here then.
As I mentioned to Pam earlier I bought the book on the weekend looking forward to getting into it, I hope my aspirations are not shattered now?
I should have asked the regulars their opinions before I decided to buy it.
Lesson learned :blush::blush:

2 Likes

@TNKA36 don’t let my comments or those of others dissuade you. This is only an opinion. I am very glad I bought the book and have enjoyed reading it. My comments are only minor criticisms, not a slam to the book as a whole.

2 Likes

Hi @PamPurrs,
I got onto the site you mentioned
Bass instructor.ca and had a look at the transcripts.
I then when watched Con playing some songs on YouTube, although they were from 4 years ago
Have you played any and do you think they are accurate ?
Cheers

1 Like