Flea's Book

I’ve been reading Flea’s book that just came out, “Acid for the Children”. He had an interesting upbringing, for sure. He’s a decent writer too. I can’t wait to get to the part where they form RHCP.

11 Likes

Nice! Keep us posted, I wanna read that too but a few juicy spoilers might help motivate me to actually pick it up…

6 Likes

I have the e-book “on-hold” from my local library - but if they don’t get it in soon, may have to just Kindle it! Let us know if it’s any good, and worth the read - sounds like it is so far!

4 Likes

So far I’m very pleased and quite enjoying it. I got the Kindle version.

5 Likes

Family Guy used Flea in an episode I saw last night. The joke was that they had a flea infestation so they cut to him playing. There was a gag about his shirtlessness and and age.

[edit] I offer “His Shirtlessness” as the formal manner of referring to Flea.

8 Likes

I’m about 3/4 through the book now. I had no idea Flea had a small role in The Big Lebowski and Back to the Future 3. He is multi-talented, that’s for sure. I’ve watched The Big Lebowski a dozen times, and never noticed before. I just watched it again, great movie.

6 Likes

Needles!!!

I think its no coincidence that Back to the Future and The Big Lebowski are both huge favorites of mine. Though it actually has nothing to do with Flea being in them. Game just recognizes game. Haha.

6 Likes

anything flea is good he just drips funk

4 Likes

Hey, I know that Avatar… Welcome!!

3 Likes

Haha! Gotta watch Back to the Future 3 again now, just for that!

2 Likes

ty lanny i enjoy you vids sir awesome song most of wich i love keep up the good work sir

2 Likes

ty lammy few people remember them they are both gone like a warm summer breeze i miss them i cant help but think what might have been but enuff i get really down when i think about it but ty lammy you were a kind voice in another day of this danm lockdown

1 Like

Hi @PamPurrs,
I bought that book on Sunday, it’s ready to go as soon as I finish get tusked, the Fleetwood Mac book.

1 Like

If you like Acid for the Children, and RHCP in general, I’d highly recommend Scar Tissue too - basically the same but from Anthony Kiedis’s perspective.

1 Like

Hi @quadfather,
I will have a look for it,
I love their live DVD recorded at saline castle :+1::+1:cheers

2 Likes

Slaine

2 Likes

Since I rarely physically read a book anymore I looked up if the audiobook is available and - it is!
It’s on audible and narrated by Flea himself.

Honestly I’m not sure if I am going to like that. I’m used to very good and professional readers for my audiobooks. Also my current favourite book series has not gotten old yet. I’m just on the 20th or so repitition of the 4 books which exist.
(Morningwood: Everybody loves large Chests)

1 Like

I’m about 80% through the book and they haven’t even started RHCP yet. Reading Flea’s story is hard because he is not a very good writer, and quite frankly, I think he’s pretty much a jerk (based on what I’ve read). I can’t even imagine listening to his voice telling this story.
I’ll finish it eventually, but it’s painful. I just want to get to the part where Flea and Anthony stop acting like a couple of yo-yos and start RHCP.

3 Likes

I took the book as more about his upbringing and the struggles that he personally came to terms with. I was glad it wasn’t all focused on RHCP myself, because I know about the band - it’s the people I wanted to know more about and how they all got together, and their experiences etc. But that’s just me :slight_smile:

1 Like

Erm, I give you the benefit of a doubt, and assume it has to do with adventures and fantasy… but it could be a totally different genre altogether :wink:

2 Likes