For multiple Bass owners

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

4 Likes

Yeah, I just looked up the s/n they posted. said that one was made in July 2020, so I guess it is a current color. Good to know.

It did not say the name of the color for some reason, IDK WTF

2 Likes

trans amber, appears to be a limited run color. they do that a ton.

2 Likes

I can definitely relate to feeling that way when it comes to Jazz basses and how they look. I have 3 currently, MIM Fender, Squier Fretless, and Squier Active Contemporary. I love everything about that body style.

4 Likes

I have different basses for different things. I have one always in a gig bag for practce at work or with the band, then I got my gigging bass. Different basses and different feels, but I think it helps me be a little more versitile.

8 Likes

You will get plenty of support for that around here. Check out these thread. There are a few people with some elaborate collections.

Multiple Bass Disorder
Show Us Your Basses

7 Likes

I only own my Fender J Bass and certain days I play her better than other days LOL

4 Likes

I’m in the process of changing my ESP to BEAD, which will make that my ax for lower register songs (Pseudo 5 string). I’ll keep my Hofner at EADG for those that require G string.
I have an acoustic / electric bass now, but I’m not sure where it fits in.
If I ever lose my mind and decide to learn to slap, I’ll get another bass with high action for that purpose.

4 Likes

I have e basses right now. The p-bass I built was my go to for the last week when I started the lessons but since I got the Steinberger 2 days ago I’ve been using it and I’ll switch off between them as I do the lessons. The Steinberger slides better than the p-bass but the tone on the p-bass is a little richer due to larger gauge strngs

6 Likes

That should be 3 basses not e basses

5 Likes

They are E (Electric) and they are 3 (three), so they both work, or you have 3E basses.

4 Likes

I have a Music Man Stingray and a Fender Precision Elite, what I experience is after playing either for a couple days I play better when I then switch to the other.

5 Likes

Low action is better for slap iirc :thinking:

2 Likes

Yep!

3 Likes

I have heard both ways. I think higher then the lowest is better then the lowest, but others have said, no, the lowest.
Depends the source tho, cuz I know I have heard some say their slap Basses are set a little higher

4 Likes

I have heard the exact opposite, from some reliable sources. Also, a friend tried slapping on my ESP and got all kinds of fret buzz. He said the action is too low for slapping.

3 Likes

Whatever works best for you @PamPurrs . :smiley: I’m not claiming to be a slap expert but I found slapping on my p-bass which had a high action a bit difficult. I got a bass with a J & MM pickup with low action and that one works much better for me regarding slap. YMMV.

3 Likes

I’m just going by what Josh (clearly) says in the slap lessons of the course. You want a low action - not too low or the slap transient will override the sustain too much, but definitely on the low side.

And if you have ever tried to slap a high action you’ll understand why, immediately.

5 Likes

Well, the chances of me ever becoming interested in slapping are extremely thin, so this is all moot anyway.

3 Likes

My Basses are as low as I can get them, but I play aggressive, with pretty good force, so mine is not as low as it could be, for somebody with a light touch.
I can slap mine just fine, as a matter of fact it is pretty perfect for slap.
But again, it is not as low as it could be, maybe .010” to .015” (.25mm to .32mm) higher then the lowest setting.
On my E and A strings, the D and G are pretty much as low as can be

4 Likes