For those who have completed b2b

For those who have completed the course, I would love to see a video. I have looked on YouTube etc but not having any luck. As a drummer for close to 40 years I thought I would move to my right a few feet and start a bass journey. I’m super green and just started the course today from ground zero. I would love to see someone that was as green as I am who had completed the course and see what type of player they are now. I have a couple of bands that are looking for a bass player and want to know if i will be in the ballpark of being able to play in a few months. Lol

2 Likes

Well, I was also a drummer with very little experience with the guitar.

I’ve been playing for two months following B2B and this is what I can play today:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzRaclcUFxU

The lessons are very good and Josh is very charismatic. He also teaches music theory in a very easy, understandable way. I highly recommend. So far, B2B was the best money I’ve spent in my music education.

7 Likes

Check out this thread to see BassBuzzers videos.

3 Likes

Fantastic! Pick that by ear or tab etc? I’m impressed.

3 Likes

There’s a lesson that uses this tune, at least a good chunk of it. Rob worked out the rest. Great job, Rob!

3 Likes

By tab!

Like @MikeC said, B2B has a member area with 50 songs transcribed with high quality tabs. I used the tab from there (I didn’t see the lesson yet, @MikeC, but I will take a look!! Thanks for the heads-up!!)

3 Likes

Additional to the post your covers thread above, check out B2B’s 50 song challange here…
Lots of graduates and ‘along the way players’ playing lots of tunes

3 Likes

Hi @mattyxxl , definitely check out the Post Your Covers discussion.

The other day I posted a practice fragments video for a song I’m learning. I have never played bass before, or any instrument (apart from a few months of being crap at guitar a long time ago). The video is 41 days after I started learning bass, and I had finished B2B but doing it all over again so I can complete all the fast workouts where possible (I couldn’t do quite a few of them when I finished B2B).

Although I cringe at my technique watching the video, I would never have thought I could make this sort of progress in such short time. I absolutely feel B2B and Josh gave me the necessary foundations to be able to go ahead and try stuff that has some tricky bits.

2 Likes

Welcome @mattyxxl !

2 Likes

I’ve been playing over 2 years and it looks like your playing is already cleaner than mine :joy: Nice cover

2 Likes

Thank you, @renouf! I also had some previous experience with the guitar a couple of months ago (which I found out that I sucked at it IMMENSELY) so I think this helped me a little with the bass too.

Also, I see quite a few mistakes in my video that I need to improve such as: ringing notes, not using my pinky finger, timing is off sometimes, etc. I have such a long way to go still! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

You may have a long way to go but never lose sight of where you are and where you came from. You are doing just fantastic. Balance in perspective is important.

4 Likes