Frustrated at work

I am at work, I just want to be at home and play my basses.
Is that so wrong?

11 Likes

Get back to work, before I forward this link to your boss.

5 Likes

I told my boss we need a band room.
One of the offices I work at we are talking about doing some tunes for the kidsā€™ Xmas party this year (I work in Child Protection) so looking forward to that.

6 Likes

I donā€™t work anymore, and I still struggle with wanting to be at home playing my bass.

14 Likes

My office is at home. And my music room is next door. I pop in and strap on, as necessary, even for a few minutes at a time. Helps with work/life sanity.

11 Likes

I was a better player in some ways when I worked from home

2 Likes

A bad day playing bass is still better than a good day at work.

8 Likes

Travelling for work slows me down.
Soon though, I will have an apartment in the city I am doing significant work in, and a whole setup there as well, so should fix that issue.
Lugging things in/out of hotels is a drag.

3 Likes

Oh sweet. Iā€™ve always wanted a pied-Ć -terre.

2 Likes

I asked my department head if i could have an acoustic in the back of the shop for down time. He said it wouldnā€™t be so bad, but then heā€™s gotta find a way to justify my 2-3 hours a day of down timeā€¦

5 Likes

Some, but my work space is also my practice space so I can reach over and grab my UBass any time I feel like it.
It really does help.

4 Likes

headphone amp my brother.

Youā€™re a good man!

Perhaps you can combine your job and your hobby?
In Germany I know of some music projects for children from ā€œunderprivilegedā€ families. Maybe start one yourself??!

There are lots of programs that do that sort of thing already.
But I did combine the two when I was playing with AI the other day

3 Likes

If I had a bass at work and practiced during all my down time, I could help Josh teach the next iteration of B2B. :joy: Instead, I practice only a little bit a few nights a week and am not nearly where Iā€™d like to be. But something is better than nothing, right??

5 Likes

Is that you singing?!

I wish,
No the whole thing is AI with small input from me.
I prompted ChatGPT for the lyrics-gave it key words and phrases I wanted and a style, told it to make the 2nd version darker etc and it did all this-I got a few versions of lyrics from it, I even had it put in chords in one version.
Then about a week ago I found udio.com which can make whole songs.
I put in my lyrics and gave it prompts, slow blues, male vocals in style of Albert King, style of Born Under a Bad Sign, guitar and driving bass.
It said it was unable to emulate a specific singer though.
It then produced a 30 second draft and I worked with it to expand it.
Several versions and about an hour later and it produced this (plus several other versions).
I asked for an Instrumental outro but it just added really bad pentatonic noodling which didnā€™t fit with the rest.

Oh, I put it through Moises later and played with key changes.
Changing it from Am to C gives a really authentic female voice version

2 Likes

God Damnit!
Even Soundcloud is populated by sexy women who send random emails wanting to meet me and share my ā€˜masterpieceā€™ with the world!

3 Likes

Thatā€™s what I hear. Soundcloud is where the ladies are.

4 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes