Gadgets! Praise good ones and bash bad ones

Lately? :rofl:

Roland gonna Roland. Great stuff.

1 Like

Yeah good point. :sweat_smile: I was just really impressed with my Katana

2 Likes

I’ve got the Fender Mustang Micro, so while I can’t speak towards the Katana, I can say I love the headphone amp subcategory as a whole. Living in a small townhouse with 2 kiddos, plus working nights…The other thing I really like about the Micro is the Bluetooth connectivity, so I can pipe B2B lessons onto it, and more easily play along without coming up with either some crazy double headphone setup OR be forced to get an interface (like the Focusrite Scarlett, which I’m gonna end up getting, just not right away) to hear both my playing and lessons/jam tracks I’ve found on YouTube.

2 Likes

Just ordered one this morning. This is pretty cool. I like the pocket GT but much better form factor.

In almost every sense a poor man WAZA air.

2 Likes

I also have the Fender Mustang Micro, but since I got the Positive Grid Spark Go I rather use that, especially while travelling…

The Katana:Go is quite interesting (and in my opinion better than the Fender Mustang Micro) because a) it has a display and b) it has a built-in tuner.

Waiting for @Al1885 's review…

1 Like

I’ve got the Fender also. I much prefer using a DAI and running the sound through my macbook. This looks cool having the interface built in as a backup but I can’t see myself picking one up.

1 Like

That’s what I thought when I read about it. Let us know how you like it!

Edit: here’s an online review (the first?):

3 Likes

i will prob at some point wind up picking up some of these, although they are pretty expensive when you start to add up how many you will need for your complete pedalboard.

boss always kills it. howevs it is becoming a gigantic joke about how boss will put out a state of the art effects pedal with a red LED display that would have been outdated in the 80s.

2 Likes

I like those old school displays. sometimes it’s much more easy to read than a color screen, in a dark environment.

3 Likes

except when, as pointed out in a new andertons youtube review of this, you can’t actually figure out what the display says because it’s only 3 letters and it can’t distinguish between a M and a N :roll_eyes:

1 Like

yeah but those are LED displays with oblique lines :

1 Like