GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I never did not think of that.
I set one up for my daughte for her leg, and it got like zero traffic and like $50 total, but you are right it is wort a try.
Thans

3 Likes

Hm, yeah… tricky… try vampires - they are nocturnal for sure :wink:

3 Likes

Ah, OK! I have no experience at all with those fund raisers, but I can see how it might not be worth the effort…

2 Likes

So, my first P-Clone upgrade is ordered:

3 Likes

Ooooh NICE, let us know how you like them.

3 Likes

Nice. Can’t wait to see how they sound

3 Likes

Nice choice @MC-Canadastan

2 Likes

HELP, because I can’t help myself!! :smiling_imp:

#IJoinedtheAerodyneClub

Went in to play a Ray4 (and I really liked it except the one I demoed must have been dropped as one of the pots felt “scratchy” so I passed) and then I played the Aerodyne. As many of us have, I have been eyeing one for a while. Once I picked it up and played some licks from different genres, I walked straight to the cash register.

Guess, my marriage to Fender gets deeper as she is home with me now, playing great, and fits in nicely with the rest of the girls!!

15 Likes

They feel really nice, don’t they? And pick up fingerprints.

I didn’t intend to be a Fender fanboi, but many of the basses I like the feel of seem to be Fenders.

3 Likes

Yep @Wombat-metal REALLY nice. As far as the fingerprints, they do. All the ones in that pic were from the store. I’ll handle her much nicer at home and have less smudges to wipe (I hope).

Me either, never intended to be a “Fender fanboi” either but that ship sailed and now I’m full tilt boogie.

Still want a Ric and a EBMM eventually and planned on one of those this summer. Hell, I know I’m not even getting all the tones I could with what I’ve got, so I reckon I’ll wait a little longer.

3 Likes

I’ll call this gear :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Very nice @JDDaniel ,
Can’t wait to see and hear it in action,
Cheers Brian

2 Likes

Nice👍

2 Likes

CONGRARTS @JDDaniel
It’s an Aerodyne day today!!!
We both got ours today!

4 Likes

I call this a Christmas Catalog

6 Likes

Thanks @TNKA36 Brian and @John_E John.

They had the Blue Fender Jazz (link below, I can’t remember who on here has one??) which I looked at but just couldn’t pass on the Aerodyne.

4 Likes

Not a cheap book but well worth the cost…Geddy goes into a LOT of detail

3 Likes

Congratulations @JDDaniel . They certainly are a good looking Fender.

That book certainly has a strong draw for me @athosmr2003 . I was a massive Rush fan back in the day but never really took that much notice of individual instruments. Listening to them now is a different journey

3 Likes

In the book, Geddy said himself that he never even seriously considered collecting until around the R40 tour. Once he started collecting and talking to various bass players, he got more INTO basses than he ever had.

3 Likes

Ya he went nuts really fast.

I’m still near the beginning reading it

4 Likes