GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

And she’s ordered it :+1:

7 Likes

Send link please!

3 Likes
4 Likes

Thanks for the bookmark! That’s not the amount I thought it would be but it seems well worth it!

2 Likes

It’s a bit pricey for sure but from what I’ve heard it’s worth every cent :+1:

3 Likes

I actually want it. So it’s something I will treat myself with after I get my next 4 string, amp and cab but after that I’m sleeping on my equipment until next time.

2 Likes

Speaking of pricey book. It took me almost 3 years to pull the trigger on the modernist cuisines and at the time it was only $500. Now they are almost $800 after tax and seriously on Amazon they have the nerve to put $5.99 shipping. Lol.

4 Likes

Neck Bulgening is all I’m saying.

1 Like

I’m considering an original edition of the full Buffon natural history books (year 1785-1790). it’s about 1500€ so I’m not ready to pull the trigger yet :sweat_smile: but I hope to do so one day !

8 Likes

Of course you were a chef @Al1885 i seem to vaguely remember?
I can totally get wanting those books @terb . The difference between natural history observations then and now would make for very interesting reading

6 Likes

sure, and I love the original engraving about animals. I own a few (about yr 1790 to 1820) that I really love, here are just a few examples (pre-1800) :

and also here is the 1925 originaly colorized lithography of her favorite flower, that I bought as a gift for the anniversary of my girlfriend, who is more into botanical things :

I love those things so much.

13 Likes

They are fantastic @terb

4 Likes

Can I have your wife’s email address so I can send her the link to order me one?

5 Likes

I LOVE this book. I got it off eBay brand new (paid a fortune) but it was so worth it. Because of that book, when I see pictures of basses I know what kind they are, and the interviews he did were so cool.

3 Likes

It’s in no way cheap but it’s worth the cost. He goes into a ton of detail.

3 Likes

no, never heard about this book …

2 Likes

John,
whose monitor stands are you using for the Kali LP-6’s?

Gator Frameworks - I had a giftcard at GC so figured I would splurge.
They are super sturdy.
On a desk they put them at ear height in the lowest setting, they can also go a lot higher.
I like that I have ‘space’ underneath, etc.

They also have a clamp on style.

I don’t think you need the isolation pads underneath the monitors as the stands are isolated at the feet, but I bought some pads and need to cut to size to see if it makes a difference, I doubt it though.

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/SPKSTMNDSK--gator-frameworks-gfwspkstmndsk-frameworks-desktop-studio-monitor-stand

3 Likes

not sure if abebooks is in europe or just US, but I have had good luck finding older rare books on it. Maybe prices will be better?

2 Likes

@howard Congratulations! It’s been a long time coming. :sunglasses::+1:

5 Likes