GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

Indeed!

2 Likes

And it’s back to three… A guy that lives literally just around the corner (well, okay, five minutes away) put this up for sale. Guitar player, bought a bass to see if he’d like it, didn’t, so decided to sell it again. It’s only two months old, he bought it for 300 Euros and wanted 200 for it. I just couldn’t resist.

Harley Benton BZ-4000 NT (neck through), active/passive, three band EQ, 24 frets, 40 mm graphite nut, ash/nato/ash body and maple/nato neck. Just love the neck through design :heart_eyes: Plays great, lots of different sounds. Action is a little high, but that will be fixed soon!

13 Likes

Well that’s a beauty of a deal @Mike_NL

What’s the fretboard made of?
Enjoy it. Looks great.

4 Likes

Thanks! Fretboard is made of something called ebonol… Probably synthetic.

Edit: it is:

8 Likes

Indeed, a lot of fretless players actually almost prefer ebonol to wood (and then there is the Le Fay Remington which has a steel fretboard :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: ).

It’s a pretty cool bass for the price. I have its “bigger” brother (with 6 strings).

5 Likes

Nice one Mike!

3 Likes

It is, and they are great.
My new fretless has the same and I bought it for the ebonol.

7 Likes

Why not seven? :crazy_face:

5 Likes

interesting power chord arrangement you got there! :smiley:

1 Like

:rofl:

I’ll get one once I start playing Finnish Death Metal and need that low F# string to pulverize everyone’s innards :grin:

6 Likes

I’m guessing about 7kg? 8?

edit: 8kg :rofl:

https://www.thomann.de/gb/harley_benton_bz_7000_nt.htm

5 Likes

Yeah, I don’t know how much the four-string weighs, but it’s heavy!

3 Likes

Holy shit what a mammoth is that BZ-7k. Bet some people will be impressed when you pull that one out the gigbag.

3 Likes

My, oh my, Grandma! What a big bass you have!

4 Likes

Ok finally I go my hands o. The genzler bass array combo. It’s sold out just about everywhere including its own website. Got it with a sizable discount too. I’m so stoked.

Shout out to @T_dub for once again playing a great OC host.

I’m putting it through its pace now and so far it’s been awesome. And frickin loud for such a tiny amp. Super clean.

14 Likes

Nice! Those have a great rep.

7 Likes

That AMP is so freaking amazing.
I first heard it when Al played the Cutlass he bought from that store a couple weeks ago.
I was blown away, not that it is such a compact, light weight head, I mean, others are making them that small too, but it is feature rich, especially for a highly transparent amp. Some boutique to high end buliders leave things like AUX in out of the amp, figuring, its a professional amp, why should we add that, but nope, it has one, and it works awesome.

Then the cabinet, the th8ng is tiny. One single 10” speaker, but theb it has a verticle row of 2.5 inch horns or tweeters, or whatever the technical term for those is, and it adds so much depth and clarity.

I read one of the articles in one of Eric or Daves threads about vertical stacking for width and height projection, and this vertical line of 2.5” speakers certainly does that.

I bet there is not a coffee shop or small bar around that this would not be perfect for, and easily punvh thru.

Then, the biggest joke of all.
The head is sort of strapped on top of the head, so you can lift the handle on the cabinet, and carry the whole amp, without any worry of them falling apart.
But
The joke, it weighs like no more then 10lbs.
It is ridiculously light weight.

I couldnt be happier for you Al. Just wish I could afford one.

Another one I am eager to hear / try are @itsratso Mike’s Phil jones or whatever they are called.

Congratz Al.

6 Likes

Speaking of Gear Acquisition.
I couldn’t help myself.
At AB music, they did not have any fresh bass stock, so didnt get a chance to play any more G&L. And Al made a threat to come back and get that CFL L-1000 I love so much :angry: (JK, better he have it and I get to play it once in a while, then some other guy get it and its gone forever).

But . With just volume and tone control.

I just fell for this bass

But the almost $400price tag, yeah, I cant afford it right now.
True, I could flip it on Reverb for near $600, but after tax, shipping, reverb fees, etc…… only make like $50 off it.

Not worth it.

9 Likes

But……

N Offer up, I found this ome

Half price of the one in the. Shop.
I even prefer the color. If its id the condition it says its in, it should be mine by 1pm torrow.

Now, What do ai Sell. I have been thinking about it alot. I might put a bunch of things up for sale, all but my main 4, ans see what happens.

I will list them for fair, but high price, and if they sell for that price, I may let one or two go, and i they dont, then I still have them.

I am excited for this Ibanez. I never did not like the Ibanez, just was not all that happy with the SR300 and SR400 cuz, next to my other basses, they felt out of place, like a high school kid at a college frat party. Idk, just didn’t feel like I could really dig into them like I do on other basses.

13 Likes

Congratulations @T_dub
I wasn’t aware of this Ibanez and after a quick Google search it looks like they’re not very easy to find over here.

3 Likes