GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

If do ever go insane or get famous. I’d get a matching 2x10 to go with the fearless 1x12.

When I plugged in my PJ with newly equipped fralins last night, I was in crystal clear heaven.

4 Likes

So you are liking the Fralin better than the Delano or just different?

2 Likes

Congrats my man. That is a sweet speaker.

On the next episode, I’ll be showing the extension combo and the array acoustic pro. Lol. Just ordered both should be coming on Friday hopefully.

4 Likes

Looking forward to it. My selling threshold of shoulder height has been reached.

11 Likes

What sort of amp head and cab are you looking for, Sir?
Dunno, about yay tall and so wide :smiley:

5 Likes

My 3 favorite amps.

4 Likes

DAMMMMNNN!

4 Likes

Nice rig Dave. That genzler looks sexy!

You might need an amp what can pump more juice for those 3 cabs. :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

5 Likes

Yeah the 900 watt Darkglass will be positively inaudible! :rofl:

(man - picturing that amp driving those three - that’s a roof raiser for sure)

4 Likes

I thought that would have been followed by a “ to ease the pain of disappointment you can always send it to me” @howard

2 Likes

No kidding! If they were staying I’d probably strap a Harley Benton 800 to the back of each one and feed the return jacks with a DA.

As much as I was enamored by it, the Genzler BA 12-3 went back to Bananas today if anyone else wants to check it out. Side by side I just couldn’t give up the Aguilar SL410. The GK is a 15 that I like just fine, but don’t really need either so it will go on reverb.

That should bring the Tonehammer 350 a sigh of relief.

3 Likes

It’s kinda hard to beat that one. Such a fine cab. I fancy the Aguilar SL112.

4 Likes

Hey @DaveT. Can you talk about the what you did/didn’t hear from the Genzler that made you change your mind?

3 Likes

Well it’s not really even a fair comparison. I think the Genzler is a brilliant design and super fun. I’m a 10” fanboy(i?)at some core level and it’s hard to shake me from it. Four 10s in a bigger cabinet go 1 lower. It’s just the physics of it. I like to feel like I’m playing BASS. I missed more of that than I thought I would with the 12. The 10” have less momentum than 12” so they are more controlled and tighter in the mids. This is a relatively minor point with the 12, but more significant with a 15. Sometimes a 12 leaves a gap where it doesn’t quite reach up to crossover, but since the Genzler has 4 stacked drivers in the array section, it fills that gap just fine and it’s not a problem. A traditional 12-15”bass cabinet design wouldn’t do as well there.

If I were going to be playing jazz or in a bar/restaurant I would have kept the Genzler. I don’t really need it to experiment with more of a FRFR setup unless it’s a perfect solution. I have a PA rig with 2-way 6.5” tops, so I can put one of those on top of my 410 and cross them over for that game without the Genzler taking up additional space.

5 Likes

This is definitely a great explanation. I understand exactly what you mean with the larger speaker is less nimble. That’s explained how I feel about my GK.

4 Likes

Are T-shirts gear? Cause I got some bass T-shirts and I think this one is my favorite.

16 Likes

Maybe 3? wow, that’s a lot! :wink:

7 Likes

Three isn’t too bad, as long as you don’t have to hang out with them all at the same time.

8 Likes

The only person I see all the time is my husband, and I can live with that. :joy:

6 Likes

Oh yeah the return of the dimensions bass. I had one let it go now this is better. American deluxe dimensions IV. It has a flat on it actually I think it has a half wound on it. I can feel the signature stickiness of the strings, lol.

11 Likes