GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I was 10lbs 2 @Al1885 and unfortunately I topped out at 5ft 10 1/2 ( don’t forget the 1/2, makes all the difference :joy: )

5 Likes

Absolutely, I’m actually 5’7” and a quarter. Lol

4 Likes

Ah ha, so you’re taller than 5ft 7 ! :joy:

2 Likes

Oh yeah. My oldest was born when I was 35, and I wish we had him 5 years earlier.

4 Likes

Amazing news. All the best to you, your boy and the rest of the family.

There is no time like now. I am in the same boat. I sometimes look back and think I would have missed out cause I was always so busy.

4 Likes

I just got rid of most my pedals and decided to settle for my GT-1B and DAW setup (thanks again @howard) and this thing comes out with a DI. Glad I held on to my Sansamp VT or I’d be temped once again.

They mention a bluetooth accessory for this pedal. Does anybody here use some sort of wireless and how do you find the connectivity and latency compared to using a cable?

3 Likes

Feels great, doesn’t it? :rofl:

2 Likes

It actually does. So far I only planning to keep the Sansamp, a compressor and my newly acquired Peterson. A dozen pedals gone (a few left that are listed) and I’m not crying, so that’s a good thing. lol

3 Likes

It just makes working on stuff in the DAW, while mixing, so much easier and more convenient.

3 Likes

Wow, a new kid! That’s great! Congratulations!

3 Likes

Thanks @eric.kiser

2 Likes

Hey great news ! Congratulations :+1:

What’s he getting for his first birthday :wink:

4 Likes

I use a Line6 G10.
The latency isn’t noticable at all.

However, I don’t think the Bluetooth on the zoom is intended for connecting to the instrument if that’s what you’re thinking, it just allows you to control the effects from a different device.

3 Likes

Thanks.
Most likely one of MusicMan BFR I, no he’d want in his collection one day, :wink:

4 Likes

I’d like to first make an apology to @John_E for giving him sh!t about getting another 5 string or simply getting a 5 string bass. I blacked out today after an ad on OfferUp. Usually you’ll see people list one item on one ad and sometimes maybe a combo. This guy list 5 basses and one guitar on one ad. Among them a mint condition paranormal Jazz bass.(all were mint,btw) so I sent the offer full price there’s no need to heckle. Turned out the guys live 6 mins from me on practically the same street.

I looked at the paranormal and it’s basically new. Paid the man. I said I wish that his natural finished is a 4 string I’d pickup ytogether. He said he’d take $50 off. He’d hold them for me til tomorrow. 5 minutes after I got home I messaged him about the 5 string and the contemporary 4 string. Before I could ask he said he’d knocked off $150 for the 2, what? I went back. On the way there he sent me a text saying if I wanted the Yamaha at half price. I said why not?

So @John_E I’m sorry buddy I just picked up 2 5 strings. They play really well especially the paranormal and the contemporary. The contemporary play as well as my MiA jazz bass.
I’d probably flip them all but if I keep one, it’s a coin between the paranormal and contemporary. Paranormal to upgrade the pickups but the contemporary is quite awesome out of the box.

13 Likes

Cool!

I liked my TRBX304 a lot, I’m sure the 305 is great for the price too.

5 Likes

I love Paranormals lol

5 Likes

It’s funky with the integrated thumb rest on each pickups the tone presets are pretty cool too, no brainer right, lol.

4 Likes

I loved those thumbrests. What a cool idea.

The presets are okay. The only real drawback of the 304/5 is they went with that instead of a 3-band preamp though.

Still a fantastic bass for the money, and I love the neck. The neck is why I upgraded to a 604 when I upgraded.

4 Likes

It’s funny, the whole reason I got this Bass because you have many good things to say about it. I’m thoroughly impressed with the build quality and playability. The flats installed on it are welcome change. It fits the whole vibe.

4 Likes