GAS - Gear Acquisition Syndrome (Part 1)

I’ve got a Player Jaguar and it’s a great bass… I think they get overlooked. Mine has the EMG active PJ set

6 Likes

Congratulations on the birth of your son @Al1885 .
Your poor wife with a 10lb baby. I was up around that when i was born and my mother still reminds me about it.
I’ll crack a beer tonight in his honour

6 Likes

I love how you lump the birth of your son in with new knobs and a stray cat!

Congratulations!!

8 Likes

Congrats @Al1885 !

4 Likes

Thank you, my oldest daughter was 6lb 12oz so this boy is big. I’m sure my wife and I will be reminding him as well. As the matter of fact, she’s started already, lol.

4 Likes

Thanks @John_E
Yeah it was a crazy week for sure. It’s tiring but I’m enjoying this first few weeks when he’s mostly sleeping and still easy. I’m a pretty light sleeper so it will be pretty crazy for me later for sure.

3 Likes

Thank you @HowlinDawg

3 Likes

Enjoy the last few fleeting days of your bass rooom before it becomes filled with baby accessories

4 Likes

Congrats. You and Janek Gwizdala both. I’ll call yez two Basses n’ Babies :slight_smile:

When our third was born, he was 9.9 lbs (about one 1975 P-bass). SWMBO also keeps reminding him of this.

If your Missus ever has second thoughts why you guys had another one, tell her that valuable people need to proliferate to outnumber the a$$hats. Congrats again.

5 Likes

I’ll learn some lullabies to keep the importance of the “music room”,lol.

Thanks. How big is he now? It seems like everyone I talked to so far that were 9.5lb+ Are 6’+. I’m hoping that’s will be the case.

3 Likes

He’s 7, so we’ll see.

4 Likes

Just to add to the pertinent statistics, my three sons’ weights/lengths at birth were, in order:

1. 10 lb. 8 oz., 22 in. :hot_face: :scream:
  2. 10 lb. 7 oz., 22 in.
  3. and 9 lb. 10 oz., I think 21 in. (born a day early, so probably would have been in the same weight range as the others if he had been born 10 days past his due date as they were).

The latter I called “my peanut” when his weight was announced, to the confusion of the delivery staff (doctor had not arrived in time). I do not post this for bragging rights; when my first was born, the woman in the next room had given birth to an 11+ pounder. So there is always someone who will go you one better.

As adults, their heights are, in order:

1. 6 ft. 3 in.,
  2. 6 ft. plus a skosh*,
  3. and 5 ft. 11+ in.
    The latter keeps blaming his just under 6 ft. height on me (Ms. 5 ft. 2 in. in my prime). Their father is 6 ft. 4 in., but he also may have shrunk a bit over the years. :slightly_smiling_face:

Congratulations on your son’s birth, keeping the kitty alive, and the new bass! :partying_face:

*also sometimes spelled as “scosche”

4 Likes

Thanks for the info. I’m 5’7”, my wife is an inch taller (tall for Asian)we both have tall relatives so this one I’m hoping would be on the all side.

4 Likes

@Al1885 congratulations. Every time someone mentions baby pictures I think of that great movie ‘The Guard’.

2 Likes

Love that movie. And it’s true too they look the same, lol

3 Likes

Congratulations on the birth of your son! @Al1885 !

4 Likes

Thanks @JerryP now I wish I didn’t wait to have kids. We are better providers for sure but it’s more difficult physically.

3 Likes

You can say that again! I’m 54 with an 11 and 13 year old.

3 Likes

I wish I didn’t wait to have kids. Lol. I’m 50 my oldest is 7. The middle is going to be 3 on Halloween.

6 Likes

I’m only 50, but I’ve had an outdoor life. I dropped off a buddy’s kid at kindergarten as a favour, as he had to work early. As I dropped the little boy off, the young female kindergarten teacher looked at me and said “Oh my don’t you have a cute grandson”. Cheeky bitch :slight_smile:

7 Likes